Bank Deals
comments

$100 Chase Checking Account Bonus for June 2010

ChaseIt’s another month and another promotion from Chase Bank. This time it’s a $100 cash bonus if you open an account, setup a direct deposit or make 5 debit purchases. From the looks of it, it’s the same offer as last month only with a new expiration date. All you need to do is visit the promotion page and request that a coupon be mailed to you. Take the coupon to a Chase branch, satisfy the requirements, and bank your new Benjamin.

Specifics:

• Get the coupon and take it to your local Chase branch to open an account.
  • Deposit at least $100 into a Chase Checking account.
  • Within 60 calendar days of account opening, setup a direct deposit from your employer or a government entity, or,
  • Make 5 debit purchases.

Once you satisfy those requirements, you should receive the $100 bonus within 10 days. There is no monthly service fee on the Chase Checking if you have a direct deposit or make 5 debit purchases each statement period. You must keep the account open for six months or the bonus is will be debited. The bonus will be reported as 1099-INT.

If this interests you, here’s a link to locate nearby Chase branches.

Expires June 30th, 2010.

46 Responses to “$100 Chase Checking Account Bonus for June 2010”

1. Darren says:

Seems like a good deal. I got this offer in the mail last month, and will head to the bank this weekend. Thanks!

2. tbork84 says:

So for the direct deposit to count, does it need to be your entire paycheck, or just a portion of it?

3. I remember reading (although I’m not 100% sure) in a promotional letter from Chase that you’re only eligible for the promotion once a calendar year. so if you’ve done this before already this year, you may want to verify this before opening the account and going through the extra effort.

4. Jaye says:

I just got mine $100 from last month and I did not have to set up a DD. I did have to use i debit card 5 times, so it is my “lunch card” I only use it to buy lunch.

• Clare says:

Yea, it is actually set up direct deposit OR debit card 5 times. And you can sign up for it online. Not bad!

• cdiver says:

Be careful, I think you must use your card 5 times each month to avoid a $6 monthly service charge.

• Doris says:

I would love to know how you did that. I transferred from one account to open a new one,thinking that I could get the $100,NO WAY.

5. cdiver says:

Wish you could do it online.

• Clare says:

I did! Sign up for the coupon code, and then it emails it to you. Then you can go online and drop the coupon code in your application. Also, don’t see anywhere where it requires you to deposit $100, either.

6. Jaime says:

Careful! This account fees you to death. They even charge a percentage up to $5.00 if you use the card to get cash back with purchases at the register. In fact, it looks to me like they charge a fee for EVERYTHING except purchases only. If you close the account within 90 days, they charge you $25.00 to close it.

You don’t get to read the fee disclosures until you are nearly through with the application.

I got that far, and then made a mistake in typing the month typing the debit card for them to transfer funds to open the account. After that it refuses to take that card ANYMORE. You are not allowed to make a correction if you make any mistake in entry!

7. lostAnnfound says:

Good thing online is available also. There isn’t a Chase branch within 50 miles of me (at least according to their search).

8. fairydust says:

I did this online last month, had a heckuva time getting the ABA and account number since I didn’t want to order checks (for $21!!) when I opened the account, but the first dir. dep. went through today, so I’ll be watching the account in the next couple weeks. For some reason, I have a bad feeling about this one. I had the coupon code show up while I was applying online, but the email confirmation they sent me after the acct was set up showed:

“Here’s a summary of your online application:
    Accounts: – Chase Checking
    Funded by Debit/Credit Card
    Your coupon reward(s): ”

Big fat nothing showing for rewards, so I have my doubts. But we’ll see :)

• fairydust says:

follow-up: great news that the dir deposit (even without a voided check) worked and Chase emailed me this morning that they’ve deposited the $100 bonus in my ckg acct. So yay :)

9. MyFunds says:

Does anyone post an unused $100 Coupon Code for a Second Account from Chase?

10. eric says:

I’m so jaded with opening new accounts lately. $100 used to entice me but now it takes more lol.

11. Kathy says:

To be honest, you could do much better than to bank with Chase. I had a lot of trouble with them; very cut-throat customer service. And I am a person who pays my bills on time. Beware of the fees.

• Strebkr says:

Their people in the bank have been pushing very hard lately for all sorts of new products. They will still waive an occasional fee if I ever have one, but you can tell they are trying to squeeze every penny out of their customers.

12. NateUVM says:

BIG issue trying to get my account number from them (for the purposes of establishing Direct Deposit). Despite my confirming all of MY personal information, they still wouldn’t give ME any information on MY account.

They suggested that I refer to a check (which I don’t have; didn’t want to spend money on ordering any) as a solution. Now, why is it okay for me (and Chase) to hand out my ABA and Account number to non-secured third parties (via a check), but they can’t give it to me?

They provide the last 4 digits of the account number on-line. So, would they be willing to give me all BUT the last four over the phone? After all, I would have to have legit access to see the last four on-line, right? Nope. Wouldn’t do it.

The rep that I spoke to DID say that I was in luck, though. Because my statement date was soon, I could PROBABLY see what my account number was soon and PROBABLY be able to set up my direct deposit soon enough to avoid paying an account service fee (which is what I would have to pay for not having Direct Deposit established). Great.

So, I sent myself a check. 6 Months can’t come soon enough.

• fairydust says:

Nate, this is exactly the same problem I had – I didn’t want to buy their checks at $21 for a box just so I’d have ONE to void for a direct deposit set up. I was able to get the ABA and full account number by using the “Contact Us” form on the website, so give that a try (calling seemed pointless). One other thing to note is that when you send an email through the contact form, there will be an automatic reply, and in the header of that automatic reply it will show the FULL account number (aha!). Plus somewhere on their website, I found a list by state of their ABA routing numbers, so you may be able to find all the info you need those two routes, but I agree – they need to make DD setup a LOT easier like some other online banks do. They should either send out a formal Welcome packet that includes starter checks or at least a letter with all pertinent info or at least some link online to print out a Direct Deposit sheet with your specific information pre-filled. I finally succeeded in getting the info and in setting up direct deposit, and finally in getting my bonus. But they sure made me work for it!

• NateUVM says:

They’re being fairly obtuse about it. Not sure why they would want to erect barriers to doing business…

• cdiver says:

It is all part of the plan. The bank knows how to do business. They are trying to find ways to stumble on more fees.

• NateUVM says:

No, I know. Actually, it seems fairly transparent that’s what they’re doing. But in that it’s so clear, I’m not sure why they’d do it…kind-of drives business away.

And I realize I kinda just said, “no, I know why they do it, but I want to know why they do it.” These are the kind of head games the banks put you through… Then again, I AM trying to get $100 out of this.

13. ThinkBlue says:

I have a coupon code, does anyone know if it is duplicatable…..if that’s even a word????

14. Matt Macfarlane says:

I got suckered in with the $100 sign-up bonus and now regret every minute of it. I’ve had friend with many, many issues with Chase regarding fees, but looked beyond that as I went for the money. Upon signing I was steam rolled into free checking, that is actually $6 month if you don’t use their debit card often, a $25 fee for the card itself (ridiculous!), and to top it off I have to pay full taxes on the bonus through a 1099….quickly diminishing any benefit of the money. I called today, two days after opening the account to complain and close the account, was given the runaround, and told I would be charged $25 to close the account. I am disgusted at their tactics- they should be ashamed! Better yet, completed avoided.

15. Jessica says:

I am still waiting for that 100. “BONUS” I signed up online two weeks ago!

16. Misty says:

Chase Bank is no different than any other bank. There’s paperwork involved in opening new checking accounts, expenses they have to pay. So if you close if right after opening it, you’ve wasted their time and money and will have a fee as a result. Seems fair to me. As far as the $25 fee for the debit card, you are paying that for the rewards program on it, not for the card itself. They have a free card available. I have the one with the fee, but I use it for everything and probably earn over $150 each year AFTER the fee! It’s the best bank I’ve ever done business with. The free online bill pay is amazingly easy and dependable and the ability to get text alerts about my account, as well as to be able to request my balance and history via text, makes managing my account very easy. I use the Alliance Center branch in Alliance, Ohio and the staff is excellent. As far as the $100 bonus coupon goes, some require direct deposit, some do not. It just depends on which coupon you get. You need to have the direct deposit or use your debit card 5 times each month to avoid the $6 service fee, but neither one of those has ever been an issue for me. Not to mention that they do several really cool programs for their customers each year. Last year they had one where every 5 minutes chase paid someone’s debit card purchase, and they did it for 3 months straight! Another thing they did was pay someone’s bill that was paid online, and they did that randomly for 3 months also! It’s nice to see someone do something for their current customers as well as having offers for existing ones. I’m sick of all those companies that focus on drumming up new business, but don’t seem to give a crap about their existing customers.

17. Alex says:

I opened this account in May and will have to keep it open until November to satisfy the fine print and withdraw the money. Also keep in mind you have to keep something like a $300 min balance on savings and use the debit card 5x/month (as was already mentioned) or you’re hit with fees. But if you are hit with fees just call and have them refund the fees. They consider that a courtesy if you forgot or don’t know the terms and they can only refund fees once a year. But yeah take the offer it’s decent.

18. appenidx says:

went to a chase branch to open an account & had the branch manager look down her nose at me & tell me she wouldn’t ope up the account because she didn’t feel I would “use it enough.” I was going to open it w/ the minimum & didn’t want to sign up for any of their debit cards that have an annual fee, & don’t have an employer that does direct deposit. Was planning on moving some CD’s over since their rates were better after I had looked at the paper work, once they had matured, IF I liked the bank, but I hadn’t told them that since I wanted to see how they treated me first-not well. I was just floored that she wouldn’t take my money.

19. Derek says:

CHASE customer service and chase bank SUCKS !!!!!
    I opened new checking account and I was promised to get 100 extra bucks as a new customer.\
    Guess what – NOTHING
    No help no money – FUCKUNG ASSHOLES

20. Derek says:

WE should all get out from this damn bank.
    What is left there, what bank to use?
    All sucks.
    Maybe Alaska ??

21. cb says:

Thanks to all who wrote. our experiences will help guide mt decision as I pick out my nexy new bank

22. Keron says:

I have over a dozen coupons. Email me at subscriptionz0rz (that’s a zero, not an ‘O’) at gmail.com and ask for a code!

I’m reading a lot of disgruntled comments. You guys need to dig around more.

You can bypass both the monthly req. of 5-debit as well as direct deposit if you create a Better Banking checking account with $1500 in it.

Then let it sit for 180 days (lest you be hit by an early closure fee), and then pull it out.

not that hard. email me; i have over a dozen codes. (dug thru the trash lol, can’t use ‘em because you can only do 1 a year and i already did mine!)

23. Laurie says:

Hello, I STUPIDLY threw out my coupon because I was rushing around and figured I could call Chase later to get the no. NO! It does not work that way!
    So if anyone has a coupon code they are not using, would you email it to me?

Thanks so much!

24. Kathryn says:

So I gave my coupon to my grandma and found out that if she writes me a check Chase charges me for cashing it in the branch. Now I need to open an accout too, wondering if anyone has a coupon that they are not going to use?

25. Nate says:

Can I open one account and my wife another and both get the $100 reward?