Bank Deals
comments

$100 PNC Checking Account Promotion (February 2011)

My very first bank account was at a local credit union on Long Island, where I was a joint account holder with my Mom. My second bank account was at a PNC Bank in Pittsburgh, where a branch was only a few blocks away from where I was living. Back then, I opened an account for free because free student checking accounts were all the rage (maybe I got a t-shirt or a frisbee or something silly). Nowadays, if you have the cash and a direct deposit (read: job), you can get more than a t-shirt or a frisbee. You can get a hundred bucks.

From now until the end of February 2011, open a PNC Personal Checking Account, setup a direct deposit of at least $400 each month, and make 10 check card purchases within 60 days of account opening. $100 is deposited within 60 days of completing the requirements.

Their Free Checking Account has no minimum balance requirement, no monthly service charge, and they reimburse you for ATM fees at non-PNC ATMs if you have an average $2,000 monthly balance. You can find out more on their promotion page.

You can apply online but you must be a resident of DC, DE, FL, IL, IN, KY, MD, MI, MO, NJ, OH, PA, VA and WI. Expires February 28th, 2011 but could be extended.

11 Responses to “$100 PNC Checking Account Promotion (February 2011)”

1. Not New York?!!! Why are we not included in this promotion. Come on PNC. NYer need incentives too.

• Frugal says:

I do not believe PNC has any branches in NY. For some unknown reason, they do not do business in NY

2. HedgeHoncho says:

I think I may have just found the bank that reimburses me for ATM fees. Thanks, PNC and Bargaineering!

3. skylog says:

i have heard a lot of good things about PNC, and i already have a credit card from them; howeverm i love my brick and mortar and i am not sure i would be willing to do the required steps to receive the bouns…let alone leave my current bank.

4. zapeta says:

Well, GA residents are out. Plus, I don’t think I need another bank account anyway!

5. barb says:

If you have a 401K w/ Fidelity Investments (I am sure other investment accounts work also), they have what is called the”My Smart Cash Account” which allows you to use any ATM machine anywhere with all the fees reimbused the very next day. The account requires no minimum and they do not charge of overdrafts.
    it is the cheapest account I have ever had.

6. Strebkr says:

Its too bad there is a minimum on the Direct Deposit. I already have my direct deposit spread over 4 accounts at Chase to keep those accounts free. I would normally be all over this.

7. Frugal says:

I already have DD setup with my PNC checking account. I don’t think they will give me $100.

• Strebkr says:

I think it has to be a new account.

• Frugal says:

You are correct. Existing account holders are not eigible.

• Strebkr says:

The only reason I know about that is that I just opened a HELOC at PNC. I don’t need the money for anything, but it was free to open and the rate is good now. And when I say the rate I mean the margin is great. Prime plus 0.2 I think. That margin is too good to pass up and now I have this if I ever needed it.