Bank Deals
comments

$100 TradeKing Refer a Friend Promotion

$100 TradeKing Refer a Friend PromotionThis offer has been extended through April 14th!

TradeKing just sent out an email in which they’re offering $200 if you refer a friend to TradeKing – you get $100 and your friend get $100. This is twice what they used to do whenever they’d have refer a friend promotion like National Friendship Day and $100 is a good amount of money. The typical stock trade at TradeKing is only $4.95 so this represents twenty free trades, in the form of cash. While twenty doesn’t sound as sexy as a hundred free trades that some other brokers offer, this is 20 free trades in cash and you shouldn’t feel compelled to use them.

You need to have a current TradeKing customer (you can email me if you don’t know anyone) send a referral from within TradeKing’s referral form. Then, the new customer has to open a new account and deposit $1,000 within 30 days and make a trade within 180 days. Then, they must keep the funds in the account for at least 180 days. A stock trade cost $4.95 so this is really a $90.10 promotion ($100 minus $4.95 times 2) for the friend.

Offer expires April 14th, 2011.

Some terms & conditions:

New qualifying account must be opened within the dates of February 28, 2011 to March 31, 2011. New referred client must fund their account with a minimum of $1,000 within 30 days of opening the new account. New referred client must also execute at least one trade in the new account within 180 days of the account opening. The minimum funds of $1,000 must remain in the account (minus any trading losses) for a minimum of 180 days or the credit may be surrendered. Account types that don’t qualify include: traditional IRA, ROTH IRA, Rollover IRA, SEP IRA, Simple IRA, Solo 401K and Coverdell IRA. View complete Payment Rules and Eligibility Requirements for TradeKing’s Refer a Friend program

10 Responses to “$100 TradeKing Refer a Friend Promotion”

1. skylog says:

i always welcome free money, but i just do not want to add another account to my mix.

• Strebkr says:

Same – I’m to the point where $100 just doesn’t do it for me anymore. Too much hassle to open the account, use it for awhile and then either close it, or the old account.

I’m sure they are a great company.

• skylog says:

exactly. i have heard quite a few good things, but unless i was going to stay with them, or any of the new companies i looked at, the lure needs to be a little sweeter to hook me.

2. HedgeHoncho says:

Dang, I wish they would lower the minimums.

3. zapeta says:

I got a referral from Jim to TK and I like it a lot. They have way more than what I need and the trade costs are reasonable. I only wish I would have held out for a $100 bonus!

4. These offers are getting less and less enticing everyday. It seems like everyone’s doing them.

I know that if I wait another week or two, someone else will have the same offer.

5. tbork84 says:

Whenever I see an offer like this it makes me realize just how much these trading platforms can make off of people. Kind of a scary thought.

6. govenar says:

Do they do a hard credit pull?
    (If not, this is a little better than, for example, getting $100 for opening a credit card. Though there’s the one trade requirement that costs $4.95.)