Personal Finance
comments

13 Quick Ways to Make Extra, Easy Cash Money

$1,025 in credit card offers!If cash is getting a little scarce around your household and you’ve cut back as many expenses as you possibly can, it’s time to look at the other side of the equation – the income side. There are many ways you can earn some extra cash and below I’ve listed thirteen that range from really quick and easy with no headaches to a bit more cumbersome. There’s no order to the list other than that’s how they came out of my brain.

1. Rent out a room. If you have a spare bedroom in your home, you might consider renting it out to someone. While this may not qualify as a “quick” way, it’s certainly something that can really put a lot of extra cash in your pocket. The only downside of this is if you select a bad roommate, always a distinct possibility, because it could be difficult getting rid of them.

2. Rent out parking. If you live in a parking-strapped city and have a parking pad, consider renting out any “extra” spots you may have (or even your spot). You incur the headache of finding a parking spot every night but you may be richly rewarded for doing so.

3. Baby-sit. Teenagers do it, why not adults? Baby sitting is a great way to earn easy money without dealing with a lot of headache. Just brush up on your first aid skills, know your emergency contact numbers (or better yet, program them into your phone), and start offering your services to friends, neighbors, Craigslist, etc.

4. Hold a yard sale. The weather up in the Northeast may not be accommodating to this particular idea but yard sales are a great way to turn your clutter into cash. If you don’t have a lot of stuff to sell, round up your neighbors and see if you can scare up enough stuff for a community yard sale.

5. Sell high dollar items on Craigslist or eBay. If you have any valuable items, consider listing them on Craigslist or Ebay rather than going the yard sale route. Yard sale aficionados are looking for deals more than they are looking for specific items, chances are a customer won’t value items as highly as you will. By going online, you stand a better chance of finding someone who really wants what you’re selling.

6. Return stuff you bought but haven’t used. This is more of a stretch but if you have anything you bought and haven’t used and can return it, just return it! That’s immediate cash money in your pocket that you didn’t have before and it took almost no effort.

7. Participate in focus groups. I participated in a 90 minute focus group in Baltimore about windows and was paid $100 cash. Do a search for local focus groups and you might be able to score some easy cash if you qualify.

8. Take paid online surveys. There are a lot of junk survey sites out there and I’ve stayed away from most of them but my experiences with Opinion Output and Pinecone Research have always been positive.

9. Donate plasma. I’ve always heard about donating plasma but really learned more about it when I was reading Adam Shephard’s Scratch Beginnings. Donating plasma doesn’t seem like fun but it pays and you can do it twice a week. (Men can donate sperm as well, but you’ll probably have to go somewhere else for that)

10. Put advertising on your car. If you do a lot of driving, especially on highways and in very crowded areas, considering getting your car wrapped. Advertisers will pay a few hundred bucks a month to get your car draped in their logo, colors, everything. The nice thing about this is that the wrap can be removed without any damage to the car. This option may not be as easy given economic conditions but it’s certainly worth considering.

11. Tutoring. Are you particularly strong in math or verbal skills? Did you crush the SATs or the SAT IIs? Are you a maven in the sciences? Consider tutoring either online through services like Tutor.com or locally in your area. Check your local area for opportunities to educate our nation’s youth (for a modest fee of course).

12. Seasonal labor. Check out the stores at your local mall, grocery store, and even the post office to see if they have any seasonal labor opportunities. Retail sales are expected to be weaker this year but you may still be able to find some work since there should be an increase in activity, especially at the post office. (You can always get a part time job or become a temp too)

13. Start a part time business as a dog walker, errand runner, or handyman. The easiest “business” you can start is one that uses your existing skills – everyone’s capable of running errands, walking dogs, and, for some, by a handyman (or woman).

If you have any good ideas I’ve missed, as I’m certain there will be plenty, please share them in the comments! Also, if you’ve tried any of these and could share your experiences, I’m sure everyone would be very appreciative.

36 Responses to “13 Quick Ways to Make Extra, Easy Cash Money”

1. poor boomer says:

1. Rent out a room

I’m already renting a room from someone else, and I’m pretty sure he wouldn’t let me rent it out.

2. Patrick says:

I have heard about advertising on your car. Not only will they pay you, but they will also pay for you gas. All great ideas though.

3. Gates VP says:

Post a video on Revver (and make it big :)

4. CK says:

What about selling a kidney?

5. jim says:

@CK: Seems a bit extreme (and illegal). :)

6. Bur.gr says:

8. Take paid online surveys.

I can vouch for Pinecone Research. Surveys aren’t a pain to fill out, and occasionally you get to try out products before they are released to market.

7. Desi Prem says:

Best idea –
    I think every single person has some type of knowledge or talent that others are in need. Advertise your talent on Craigslist, local newspapers, churches, talking to people, etc. Giving free service will not cost you a dime, just your time; to start you may want to give some free time will bring you more customers and you will have little experience to be confident. First few times will be harder but end result will be $$$$.

Good Luck!!

8. Anonymous says:

Donate life!

9. Studenomist says:

Well I live in Canada and wether you like snow or not you have to accept it. So why not make some extra money shovelling the driveways of people in your area?

Pretty much the best piece of advice is to not be afraid to get your hands dirty literally. Cleaning companies are always hiring, there is usually work in construction, moving companies, etc. Remember that you can have a Finance Degree but if there is no work in finance you are making no money..

10. Kate says:

I tried the on-car advertising back in the early part of this decade. At that time, my 30-40-min.-each-way commute took me on highways between my suburb, downtown and a different suburb where my kid was in daycare. Also, I parked in a public lot. I also had a white car. I thought all these would make me a desirable prospect, but I was never asked to participate, and later I was asked to pay a fee to stay on the database of available cars. That ended that venture.

11. Chris says:

I am with you kate…
    I drove 52miles ONE WAY, work/school EVERYDAY of the week.
    On top of that, 3 days of the week was to work, my job? A delivery driver which meant driving 80-150 miles 3 days a week.

Saying i was slow on deliveries put me over 1000 miles a week still!
    And At the time i had a new 06 civic….also no accidents, no tickets driving tickets, no crimal record.

That put me the TOP grounds for having a logo or something on my car.
    The sites all said a min of 500 a week 750+ prefered, ect..
    Then one day i got a call asking for my credit card.

Ya.,… right…

12. Jon says:

Yard sale time!

13. Saimi says:

GREAT article, loaded with helpful ideas, especially 6,7,8. Not a rehash.
    I would add, give speeches. Many clubs and organizations will pay $50-100 for a good program.

14. Anonymous says:

all of these are good, but im a teenager. im 17 years old and i would like to find a nice place to make some quick cash… help :(

15. Anonmous says:

try local general stores, thiers usually a job open.or if theirs nothing like that then go around your town and look any stores that could be hiring.

16. Bond says:

cool i like the idea

17. Sarah says:

I would say collect pop cans. You can also go to the pawn shop and sell all your unwanted jewelry

18. Andrew E says:

I make cash by filling out offers, online surveys, and watching advertisement videos. I even earn money by checking in each day. I also am saving $40 a month in car insurance from one of the offers I filled out on Cash Crate.

19. anonamis says:

i just sell stuff at my buss stop and in the winter i put up post signs advertising that i will shovel snow for people. :)

20. ARUN KUMAR DUTTA says:

Good and Helping ideas.
    Gather ideas everyday for at least one hour and
    try to implement for two hours the best chosen one.
    Pick up at least five yields that really benefited you in every week.
    If you get success please inform me my following
    E- Mail
    arundutta2010@gmail.com

21. dumpster dude says:

i am a dumpster diver pro. i make lots of money just from stuff i find around it. if you know what your looking for it is very very easy to get money quick. these are all good ideas and to the 17 year old i would say get a paper route those are pretty easy.

22. Carmen says:

i find old chairs and paint them for nice photos.

23. D.P. says:

These are good ways to make money, but some seem to be tedious. I would like you to list some that are a little more residual and recurring.

24. Emily!! says:

You see I am like 13 and my school is doing this trip to D.C. and my
    Mom and me are have a hard time finding stuff to do to make
    Money and I really want to help I just need some good ideas that I young girl like myself could possibly do..

• Issac Brown says:

I am 14, and I can’t say I understand you not having money, but I do have a few ways that you could make some quick cash. 1. Babysitting. Don’t be shy. If you are your not going to be able to make money… 2. Be someone else’s personal assistant. I did this and made over $300 in three weeks. 3. Probably the idea that takes the longest. Start an eBay business. It’s easy. You can read plenty online about it. Hope I could help, Isaac.

• bp2199 says:

Try holding a car wash. That’s what my class did to raise money for our trip to Italy.

25. Anonymous says:

Pinecone Research is not accepting new “recruits”.