Insurance, Personal Finance
comments

$1M Umbrella Insurance Policy

I mentioned I received an email from Geico about an umbrella insurance policy last week and how I probably didn’t need it, well today I gave Geico a call after every single commenter suggested that I probably did need it. Geico requires that you have $300,000 liability coverate for both auto and homeowners (which I do already have) so a $1M umbrella insurance policy will cost me $124 a year, or a mere $10.33 a month . A $2M umbrella insurance policy would only cost me $205 a year, or $17.08 a month.

I will shop around (though I don’t see how the prices could change) and probably get the insurance within the next week or two.

8 Responses to “$1M Umbrella Insurance Policy”

1. FMF says:

Good decision. It’s well worth it. And with your newfound Super Bowl wealth, you cartainly can afford it.

2. Yeah, that Super Bowl win makes the first year of a $1M policy essentially free. Just win a Super Bowl bet every year and you’re golden.

3. Wow, just noticed that my comment above was my 100th. I’m going to retire now.

4. FMF says:

I’m going to retire too — at 101. ;-)

5. AP says:

Jim.

Did you get the policy from Gieco. What is the rate they quoted you?

AP

6. jim says:

AP – I haven’t yet, I’ve been busy and it sort of fell off my radar. The quote was for $124 for the whole year, I assume since nothing has changed in my situation in the last two months that is still a relatively accurate quote.

• carol says:

Have u checked AMICA Ins. Co. Excellent ins. co. Customer service is very good. They have been around forever!!!

7. AP says: