Personal Finance
comments

2010 New Graduate Guide: Coming Soon!

Whoops! It looks like I jumped the gun a little in my preparation for a new series next week – the Bargaineering 2010 New Graduate Guide. I accidentally published the “table of contents” of the series today, about five days early!

The cat is a little out of the bag, as those who are reading on RSS will see the nature of the posts scheduled for next week, but suffice it to say I’ve been spending a lot of time the last few days putting this series together. With all the scheduling of posts (all of them are written, it’s just a matter of organization) I messed it up a little bit and let the contents out a little early.

The guide is designed for new graduates of either high school or college, ready to enter the real world, and hopefully you, or someone you care about, will be able to make use of it!

Keep an eye out for the introduction on Sunday!

16 Responses to “2010 New Graduate Guide: Coming Soon!”

1. Jeremy Olexa says:

hmm, I don’t think you meant for every link in this article to be a 404? ;)

2. eric says:

Oh I’m really looking forward to this! I know a bunch of people I can pass it along to…thanks in advance.

3. nickel says:

And tune in the week after that for the “Jim’s Guide to Blog Scheduling.” ;)

4. zapeta says:

I’ll be looking forward to it!

5. WRXTuan says:

I’ve graduated in 2008 but I am still looking forward to it.

6. Anthony says:

I’m with WRXTuan, I graduated in 2007, but I’ve been waiting to hear good “recent graduate” financial tips.

7. billsnider says:

I am on the other end of this post. I am retired (Yeahhhhh).

Still I would be interested in reading it.

Bill Snider

8. Sliding off onto a tangent, is there any way to pull back something from RSS? It would be nice to somehow execute a kill switch, but I’m not aware of a way to do this. With the nature of RSS, it might not be possible. Over the years, I’ve had a couple of things slip out early.

• Jim says:

I don’t think it’s possible, once it’s been pushed out into the wild it’s typically cached by aggregators. Sometimes you can get lucky and make a change before they cache it, but oftentimes it’s like an email. Once it’s gone, it’s gone! :)

9. echidnina says:

Wonderful! I’m graduating college in a month, and while I’m not facing the “real world” just yet (still have a few years of grad school), I have a feeling this will be helpful for me.

10. jsbrendog says:

i am sure there will still be useful info in there for everyone. lokoing forward to it

11. I have been seeing a big trend in PF blogs posting these types of tips. Not that I am complaining… I assume that means there is the demand for it, which also means that a lot of recent (or soon to be) graduates are thinking seriously about organizing their finances.

That is a great step in the right direction!

• Jim says:

It’s also nearing graduation. :)

• Well… yes, the exact timing in that case is nice, but I guess I should have also said that I am even seeing it as a focus in more books. Since the release timing of books isn’t quite as important as blog posts, I would think that is a decent indicator??? Regardless, I just hope that more people (young and old) work to get a hold on their finances.

Looking forward to reading your series.