Personal Finance
comments

Sneak Peek: 2011 McDonald’s Monopoly Game Rules

McDonalds Monopoly Game PieceEvery year, McDonald’s run their extreme popular McDonald’s Monopoly game. Every year, we take a crack at the run down to give you some information to help you beat the competition.

The game itself won’t start until September 20th but the 2011 rules are available, which means we can take a look at what’s new, what’s changed, and see if there’s anything we can do with it.

Pre-Promotion

Just like last year, there’s a six day pre-promotion period where you get a sweepstakes entry for registering on the site. Then, on October 3rd, they pull a name out of a hat and that person wins a cool ten grand ($10,000). Not a bad prize for doing something you’d be doing anyway – register for their site.

Possible Prizes

The site also has a list of prizes, which very closely matches the instant win prizes from last year. We can probably assume this list is for all the instant win prizes available in the 2011 game (what we don’t know is how many of each will be awarded):

• My Coke Rewards – 30 point bundles
  • Redbox movie rental
  • 20 Snapfish 4″x6″ digital prints, 11″x14″ poster, or 5″x7″ photo album
  • EA Sports Video game – a promotion code you can online for a free game
  • EA Sports $10 to spend online
  • EA Sports Ultimate Game Room – $2,000 gift card, 2 video game rockers, 2 autographed pieces of memorabilia, and 5 EA Sports games
  • EA Sports Fan Trip – trip for two to a championship or championship series game
  • EA Sports Lifetime of Games – eight EA Sports games a year for 50 years
  • Kinect for Xbox 360 – a 4GB Xbox 360, games, and a Kinect Sensor
  • SpaWish $20 or $200 gift certificate
  • $10 or $50 gift cards for gasoline
  • Trip to London – 4-day/3-night trip for winner and three guests to London between July 26th – August 12, 2012 for the London Olympics, tickets to two London 2012 Olympic Games events.
  • $5, $1,000, $5,000 Walmart Gift Cards
  • Beaches Resorts – 4-day/3-night vacation to Turks and Caicos or Jamaica for 2 adults, 2 children 15yrs or younger.
  • McDonald’s All-American High School Basketball games – 3-day/2-night trip for winner and three guests to the 2012 McDonald’s All American Games in Chicago on March 27th, 2012.
  • MY 12 Nissan Z® Coupe: A 2012 Touring Model with automatic transmission.
  • SL MY 12 Nissan LEAF™: A 2012 Model with charger plus standard home installation.
  • $50, $500, $10,000 and $25,000 cash

How does this compare to last year? The lower prizes are roughly the same. You can assume, despite it not being listed, that McDonald’s food will be included. There are far more EA Sports related prizes, including higher end ones for trips and “lifetime of games.” Last year, the only EA Sports prize was a game.

At the high end, there are fewer straight dollar prizes (last year there were $10,000 and $25,000 cash prizes – they have returned for this year). There are way more trips, like London for the 2012 Olympics, McDonald’s All American Basketball Game, and the like. Finally, the cars this year are not as sexy as the Shelby GT500 available last year (the Z Coupe is nice, but it’s not a Shelby GT500) but there are more of them available. There are four Nissan Z Coupe’s available (the Official Rules don’t actually list the Nissan LEAF, so it may be a typo in the first page).

The Rare Pieces

According to the rules, here are the rare pieces of each set. As is customary, the rare piece is the one that is listed last when put in order alphabetically (Boardwalk is the exception):

• Mediterranean Avenue – 1 in approx. 61,811
  • Vermont Avenue – 1 in approx. 206,036
  • Virginia Avenue – 1 in approx. 2,472,425
  • Tennessee Avenue – 1 in approx. 2,060,354
  • Kentucky Avenue – 1 in approx. 77,263,275
  • Short Line Railroad – 1 in approx. 77,263,275
  • Ventnor Avenue – 1 in approx. 103,017,700
  • Pennsylvania Avenue – 1 in approx. 309,053,100
  • Boardwalk – 1 in approx. 618,106,200

In case you’re wondering, the odds of winning the $10,000 in Powerball is 1 in 723,144.64. You get better odds to win a $38,210 car… so if you’re a gambler, you’re better off going after Boardwalk than Powerball. :)

Once we get closer to the actual game launch, I’ll put out our regularly scheduled McDonald Monopoly post with more details.

(Photo: sundazed)

90 Responses to “Sneak Peek: 2011 McDonald’s Monopoly Game Rules”

1. Mark says:

I got Park Place three times in a week. I think everyone gets that one. Since it says one million dollars on it, I plan to request that amount and state they should not say it is that amount if it is not.

2. Mark says:

I want my million bucks!

3. John says:

N e 1 with boardwalk email johndufresne.us@gmail.com i have 2 park places and will type a contract and sign as proof of splitting the prize. Serious inquires only please.

4. SARAH says:

I have #343 344 345 if somebody need it we Can Negotiate.

5. Nikki says:

I need pennsylvania and kentucky willing to split 50/50.

6. Nikki says:

I need pennsylvania and kentucky willing to split 50/50.

7. Nikki says:

Or boardwalk!! 50/50

8. lenz says:

I have
    (light blue) #325,#323
    (red) #333,#334
    (pink)#327,#326
    (orange)#331
    (green)#339,#338
    (yellow)#337,#335
    (brown)#322 < if u have the other one u can have it.
    (Blue)#341

(Trains)
    Pennsylvania railroad
    reading railroad
    b&o rail road

9. Logan says:

Hey, anyone have Kentucky avenue? I’ll do 50/50 to the first person that calls me and lets me know. Ive been trying for a week for that one last piece!! my number is 740-502-4375 Thanks!!!

10. Logan says:

Hey, anyone have Illinois avenue? I’ll do 50/50 to the first person that calls me and lets me know. Ive been trying for a week for that one last piece!! my number is 740-502-4375 Thanks!!!

Please ignore my last post, Mods.. thanks!

11. tiffany says:

Just to let you know, there is only one prize out there for the 1 million dollars. So all of these people who say that have boardwalk are liars.

12. John says:

I have every piece on the board except boardwalk. I’m only going for the million email me so that we can exchange numbers. Need board walk. Liljohngamer@yahoo.com. Also for those who believe that trade is against the rules. Yes, that’s true but no one is going to even know. Email me so we can talk. Looking for boardwalk.

13. shay says:

I’m looking for #336 yellow I have #335,#337 I’m honestly willing to split $100,000 with the person who help me win the game.

14. Shawn Artero says:

Anyone with boardwalk!? I have park place!
    Lets Collect this money! Ill split 90/10.
    YOOOOOU GET 90!!!!!!
    Email me: jdrr2005@yahoo.com

15. Carlyn says:

i dnt get this game lol, emailme for atlantic and B&O rail road:/
    lynlyn787878@yahoo.com

16. Rene says:

I have

Baltic Avenue # 322 Brown $50.00

Connecticut Avenue # 325 Bbay Blue $100.00

Pacific Avenue # 338 Green Nissan Leaf

Atlantic Avenue # 335 100,000

armilonic@yahoo.com

17. elvis says:

I have park place piece, if anyone has boardwalk, let’s split it. I’ll fly to where u are

18. elvis says:

I have park place, if u have boardwalk let’s split it! I’ll fly to where u are if needed. Contact me on email elvisg03@gmail.com

19. elvis says:

Does anyone have piece 340? Contact me please. Email me at elvisg03@gmail.com, we’ll split the prize

20. bam says:

i have all the stamps i tavel a lot and got them all. hers the deal im on the road everyday i dont have time or patients im only missing one of the railroads the b&o one ok so hers the deal best offer takes all of my hands and plz be realistic i dont have time to turn them in so i dont have time to play kiddie games besides i dont need the money i have my buissness i have about 3.5 mill of my hard earned money ok so best offer takes all