Banking
comments

$25 RevolutionMoneyExchange Promotion

This promotion has ended.

I know that you all are fans of some free money so this little offer is right up your alley. RevolutionMoneyExchange is a PayPal-like clone, offering online money transfer services but with no fees. They have been around for about a year, running a payment network called Revolution Money that included a debit-like card, but only recently jumped into the person-to-person money transfer business.

The current promotion they’re running is a bonus of $25 if you open an account by May 15th, then you can start referring people (as I am doing so now) and you earn $10 for each person you refer. The only rub I have with RevolutionMoneyExchange is that they require a social security number and they may even deny you an account based on that (though it doesn’t appear they run any credit checks, so I’m not sure what they’re checking and why the need to social), but if you’re cool with that (I was) then the $25 is almost as good as yours.

Signup takes about five minutes. Don’t say I never gave you anything. :)

11 Responses to “$25 RevolutionMoneyExchange Promotion”

1. Miltski says:

Social security number, bummer.
    I’d just got all excited.
    I’m looking for some quick money like this,
    This would have been perfect. But no social security number.
    Maybe next time..

2. jim says:

Yeah, I’m not quite sure why they need a social…

3. saladdin says:

1099 maybe?

saladdin

4. Phil says:

If you read the disclaimer at the bottom of the final account setup page but just above where you click to confirm/continue, you’ll see some verbiage about “anti-terrorism” laws (which really has to do with the Patriot Act).

Ever since the Patriot Act was signed into law, all banking/financial institutions must, by law, have at least a cursory number of identifiable information from every account holder. This typically includes your complete legal name, address, telephone number and Social Security number.

Also, if you noticed during account signup, Revolution Money Exchange confirms whether or not you’ve been at your current address for at least a year. Since they don’t do a credit check, I’m not sure why that’s in there, except as an ancillary piece of info per Patriot Act.

For those of us who have a credit freeze (which, incidentally, after having been a proponent of Lifelock, I’ve since found freezes to be infinitely superior), Revolution Money Exchange couldn’t get our information even if they tried.

My few cents.

-Phil

5. Andrew says:

I applied for the account and there is $25 in it now. I’m in the process of linking my checking account to it now. We’ll see if they let me withdraw the $25.

6. Andrew says:

They let you withdraw your money as soon as you link to your bank account. Great deal =D. $25 free with no hassle.

7. saladdin says:

Jim,
    Signed up. Did you get the $10? I read some issues with that over at fatwallet.

saladdin

8. jim says:

I’ve been getting them sporadically but I don’t know if they’ve missed any… I do appreciate you signing up though! :)

9. leebever says:

I signed up in March , received over $80 in referrals along with instant the $25 instant credit. I also used the service for ioffer.com. I accumulated over $500.00 in account. I requested a transfer of funds to bank account 5 days ago. I have not received a confirmation email and funds have not made it to my account. I have called to check on the status of my transfer all i get is a busy signal. I have sent 3 emails and I am yet to get a response. Im starting to become a little concerned. It only took 1 day for verification trial deposits to post. has anyone had any success with transferring funds to bank account. Thier website says 2-3 business days for funds to clear. I would proceed with caution if I were you.
    Also, i signed up with a fresh new email account and I have received 5 spams from illegal drug suppliers. Noone else has this email address. So im sure there’s some type of data harvesting/ sales taking place. Again proceeeeeed with caution………:confused:

10. Vladi says:

Well, I signed up and have no problems with it! Its really nice place to send and recieve money. The good side of it that there is no fee for sending or recieving, but the downside is that, you can only transfer 1k a day and you can have max of 2.5k on your Revolution account. So I am a big seller and I am still deciding on what to do with it, if they can lift those limits up! I have over 10k sometimes a day!
    and for leebever:
    I think he works for paypal or google checkout or some other, this system is great, they transfer way faster than paypal, paypal takes 2-3 days, Revo takes 1 day usually!
    So its awesome, you guys need to try it!
    href=’https://www.revolutionmoneyexchange.com/ReferAFriend_landing.aspx

I give special invitation, and by the way they are FDIC unlike paypal or Google checkout! I have both of those, and all I have is the problems! They can post your funds on hold at any time, they call it investigation! Thats bull, they just keep your funds, so theire stock is going up! Thats outrages, and they know it, but all they see is $$$$$ signs in theire eyes, and they do not care about you!

11. ace says:

I never had a problem with RME yet. You can use RME with the Abundant Living System providing the inviter accepts RME. I love RME despite the 2500 monthly limit. It’s not a bad thing to actually have a limit in place, as I have heard horror stories from those who had been fxxked from using paypal and how some people had thousands of dollars stolen from paypal via false complaints from buyers on sites like ebay and such.