Perhaps all electric companies do this at the same time because no sooner than I saw energy efficiency kits blogged at Sound Money Tips  did I receive an offer in the mail from Baltimore Gas & Electric (BG&E), my energy provider. It’s was a little brochure included in my bill this past month and offered an energy efficiency kit for a mere $5, exactly the same sort of deal mentioned at SMT.
The kit includes:
- Comfortable, water-saving showerhead
- Water-saving kitchen faucet swivel aerator
- Water-saving bathroom swivel aerator
- Clear tape for sealing cracks and holes around windows
- Electric outlet gaskets (pack of 12)
- Informative energy conservation tips
- Furnace filter whistle
- 75-watt equivalent compact flourescent bulb
It sounds like a good deal to me because it’s been estimated that the package is worth about $50  if you try to buy the pieces from the supplier (Niagara Conservation Corp.) directly. We’ll see in four to six weeks!