Credit
comments

7 Consumer Profile Reports You Didn’t Know About

Credit Report - Before and AfterMany of us are familiar with credit reports and credit scoring. Chances are, that you are familiar with the credit reports issued by the “big three” credit bureaus: Equifax, TransUnion, and Experian. These credit reports form the basis of credit scoring models that you are probably familiar with, including:

• FICO
  • Vantage
  • Individual credit scores offered by each of the three credit major credit bureaus

These aren’t the only consumer credit measures out there, though. Informations about your habits as a consumer, and the way you conduct business is out there, and available for others to see. Here are 7 consumer profile reports that you might not be aware of:

1. CoreLogic

CoreLogic is a relatively new credit reporting agency, aiming to create a new credit scoring model. While the CoreScore isn’t quite available yet, the company is still collecting information about you and compiling it into a report. Not only is loan information included, but your public records are also reported. You are entitled to one free copy of the report each year, and can get your CoreLogic report with a call to 877-532-8778.

2. Chex Systems and 3. TeleCheck

You might be unpleasantly surprised when you go to open a bank account to discover that there are reports that can mean that you are ineligible — even if you have a decent credit score. Chex Systems and TeleCheck are both companies that collect information on how consumers use their checking accounts. When you overdraw your account, it is reported. Other issues might be reported as well. Banks that use Chex Systems and/or TeleCheck might deny you an account if you have too many infractions.

You can request a free report each year for both Chex Systems and TeleCheck.

4. C.L.U.E.

This is sometimes considered the “insurance” credit report. A C.L.U.E. report shares information about your personal property losses. This means claims paid out by your auto and home insurance companies. Your C.L.U.E. report is often used by insurance companies to determine the likelihood that you will file a claim, and can help set your premium.

5. Employment History

If you call 866-312-8075, you can get a copy of your employment history report. This report looks at your history of employment, and even provides other background information that potential employers would be interested in looking at.

6. Resident History Report

As you might imagine, this report is about your history as a tenant. If there is public and reported information about your tenant history, others can look at it. This report provides information about your background as well. You can call 877-448-5732.

(It’s worthing noting that 4, 5, and 6 on this list are all provided by LexisNexis. You can actually sign up for full disclosure reports from LexisNexis to keep tabs on all of the information about C.L.U.E., employment, and residential reports.)

7. Prescription Drug History

It might come as a surprise to you to know that your drug history is saved, and considered a credit report. Reports are compiled mainly by two companies, Intelliscript (877-211-4816) and Medpoint (888-206-0335). You can request copies of your report, which should include the following information from the last five years:

• Prescription names
  • Dosages
  • Prescribing doctors
  • Prescription dates

Don’t assume that everything about as a consumer is limited to what you see with the three credit bureaus and FICO. A number of companies are interested in sharing information about you, and you should be aware of it.
(Photo: TrinityCreditServices)

18 Responses to “7 Consumer Profile Reports You Didn’t Know About”

1. Frugal says:

How about a report of how others are taking disadvantage of you?

2. Lesley says:

A most helpful post. I did not know any of this, save for vantage and auto insurance, because I do Credit Karma, also thanks to you! Another score for you. I will definitely be getting copies of these reports!

You definitely do one of the best blogs out there. Thanks!

3. Matt M says:

Why is prescription drug history saved?

• ziglet19 says:

I was wondreing too. Maybe medical insurance companies evaluate your prescription history when deciding whether or not to offer you coverage? I wonder who else might see/use such information. Creepy.

4. ziglet19 says:

Yes, thanks for this post. I’m requesting full disclosure from LexisNexus now, so I can see what the reports say. This is all good information, and I had only previously known about some of these reports.

5. Ray says:

Who has access to prescription drug history? Can someone (lets say an employer) just pay a fee and get a copy of my report? This seems very scary.

6. Shirley says:

How is it that your prescriptions can be tracked and recorded without your knowlege or consent?

7. Howard Hirsch says:

I believe Intelliscript and Medpoint is in violation of the HIPPA protection rules. Judge for yourself

8. Sam R says:

If you want your Employment History, be ready to be on the phone for about 30 minutes. ( I may exaggerate with that one) you have to wait until they explain everything thoroughly and if you mess up, you have to go through it all again. It took me ten minutes to go through everything and then messed up on the confirmation questions so it was all for naught and they told me to contact them. They give you four questions to confirm your identity and I didn’t hear an answer that matched in one of the questions but there was no way to go back. I wouldn’t waste my time if you know your history.

9. Sam R says:

Do you have the Lexus nexus information on how to contact them? I messed up and the only way I can get information now is to contact them and their contact information on the phone call is about as long as the longest sentence I have ever heard, never mind spelling. I googled it but didn’t get lucky there either. So frustrated at this point.

10. Sam R says:

If you go to do the Employment History, be aware that it is NOT a quick thing to do. You have to listen to every little explanation that the automated phone call gives you and it takes forever waiting for her to explain simple things. That said, at the end, there are four questions and you need to listen very closely as they don’t repeat them. I didn’t hear my option on cities I live in and think I gave the wrong answer. Either way, after spending 15 minutes on the phone, they told me they couldn’t verify me and I have to write to them to get the information. Why they couldn’t have a website in this day and age that would do the same thing is beyond me.

11. Lyn says:

What about the HIPA laws?

12. Sam R says:

Ignore that first site, Apparently they have multiple sites. here is the one you need to go to.

13. Sam R says:

HIPA doesn’t apply if they are giving the information to the person the information is about. And believe me, they try and verify that or they did with the History report.

14. Dave G says:

Thanks for the brilliant article! I had never heard of four out of the seven, let alone checked them out…