Credit
comments

American Express My Wishlist Starting December 1st

American Express sent me a postcard the other day notifying me that they are running the My Wishlist promotion again in 2008 and once again the gifts are pretty incredible… the top prize is a 2010 Mercedes-Benz GLK350, a luxury sports SUV that might not exactly please too many people. I know that it’s not as appealing as prior years, but it sports some pretty nice specs. But an SUV? After a year of ridiculously high gas prices? Hmmm…

Here are some of the other “prizes” available:

• 42″ Sharp Aquos Full HD 1080p LCD TV for $700 (December 2nd)
  • Dell Studio Laptop for $499 (December 8th)
  • A Dream Dining Experience with Gordon Ramsay – The London NYC Package for $2,500 (December 9th)

Need an American Express card? There are a couple on this 0% credit card list (cards that offer 0% on purchases or balance transfers) but you’ll have to act fast, My Wishlist has already started!

91 Responses to “American Express My Wishlist Starting December 1st”

1. Chris says:

How could you think this is a scam. They make millions and millions off of people already. They are not going to go into scamming. You must remember that you are competing with who knows how many thousands of other people who are trying to get in at the exact same time as you. What benefit would they have for having everyone trying to win the right to buy?

2. Steve says:

I won a $250 clothing gift card yesterday for $125. I’ll only think it’s a scam if it doesn’t show up. Everyone else you need to quit your whining. I tried multiple times in the past before I finally won.

3. Ashok says:

I am glad I found this thread as I wanted to vent out my anger at this ill conceived marketing which is only getting AMEX bad publicity.

I would rather try my luck at the lottery than gambling on daily wish.

4. Anonymous says:

I don’t understand why people think this is a scam. Do you understand the program? The rules are clearly defined. They’re able to sell these items at such a discounted price because of the limited quantities. BASIC probability, a 4 year old would understand. 50 items, thousands clicking, you’re probably not going to win. The item I won was a netbook, over 200 available, and it was a sidedeal and I clicked right before the clock hit zero. USE YOUR BRAINS, WHINERS.

5. LOVING AMEX says:

Well, I hope everyone continues to believe this is a scam – so that I can keep on winning!!!! I have been successful 2 out of probably 10 times, so no complaints here!!! Just got the Wii for $90, whata steal!!! DUH, not everyone can win if there’s not that many available, but you’re right – it’s a scam, so stop trying!!! LMAO!!! too funny!!!

6. momofour says:

Thanks for letting me know that you clicked BEFORE the ’00′ showed up…will try again next time.

7. AMEX IS THE BEST says:

This is not a scam! I’ve won multiple things on this before. And it’s not gambling, as you don’t pay anything unless you win the product!

Yesterday I won the HP laptop that was a private Daily Wish sale for AmEx OPEN cardholders. $399 for a computer that retailed at $1599. I got the call today from HP to complete the order, they said it should be arriving soon!

AmEx cardholder for life!

8. mafriend says:

To me this is also scam because it is not clear how the winners are picked. Those who win – congrats but for those who don’t – they are not sore losers. If there’s transparency to the selection process then nobody would question its legitimacy. I have also tried numerous times at the split of the second when items go on sale, and when I didn’t win, it got me wonder if this is legit sale process. Arguments about who clicked when and the miliseconds difference and internet speeds and what not just doesn’t cut it. AmEx should make this look like a sale at a normal store to address the concerns raised in these comments, which to me are valid.

9. yelobone says:

I’ll bet there are still some who think they will win…lol

10. Al says:

No, it’s not a scam. But you will not get a single one of these items. A huge waste of time. It pisses off a lot more AMEX cardholders than it pleases. I wager I spend a whole lot more on my AMEX than the guy up there who allegedly won the Pontiac. And because they couldn’t even deliver a shitty $300 camera or any of the 50 other things I’ve tried for, I’ve gradually decreased my usage of their card.

11. Al says:

Look at all the “winners” so full of themselves. They’ll defend the company to the death. And yet how much do you spend with AMEX compared to the vast amount of people who have tried and don’t win a single thing from this “Daily Wish” rubbish? We’re not sore losers; we’re just utterly pissed that trying even for secondary, tertiary, and quarternary “deals” 50x where you save about $10 results in unsuccessful bids. Massive waste of time.

12. Sam says:

I tried this many times. I tried to click it at the 0 second, and when a second left. Never worked for me, and I still don’t understand how they pick up their winners if we (may be thousands) clicked at same millisecond when the count down hit 0!
    Those who won and defending AMEX, would’ve been the first to complain and question it’s legitimacy. Does AMEX ever publish the name of the winners?
    If AMEX is serious about pleasing its customers, the should find a better way to do this, may be just a drawing.

13. Pete says:

These comments are a great read! Very entertaining! “Oh boo hoo. I really wanted something SOOOOO BAD and I didn’t win, so that must mean NOBODY wins, EVER, because if someone is going to win, it has to be me, right? American Express should go to PRISON for blatantly deceiving its customers!”

14. yelobone says:

Such a great program..where did it go ??? lol