Bank Deals
comments

American Express Small Business Promotion

AMEX Small Business PromotionRight before Thanksgiving, I received an email about American Express’ Small Business Saturday promotion where you can get a $25 statement credit for spending $25 at a small business (on Saturday, November 27th). By the time I got to the email, Saturday had already passed (along with Sunday) so I couldn’t take advantage of it. It turns out that the promotion was so popular that American Express has decided to extend the promotion until the end of the year. All you have to do is register here with your name, AMEX number, security code, and email address. Then, spend $25 or more at a single participating small business and you’ll get a $25 statement credit

Act quickly, it’s limited to the first 300,000 enrollees and the credit will post 5 business days after your purchase.

Some terms & conditions:

To be eligible for this offer, you must register your eligible American Express Card between November 8, 2010 and December 31, 2010. You may only register one Card for this offer. Using your registered American Express Card, you must spend $25 or more at one or more participating small business merchants between 11/27/2010 and 12/31/2010 to receive the $25 statement credit.

Eligible merchants include any independently owned small businesses that accept the American Express Card. Purchases made online, at large, national chains, at franchised business locations and at government agencies are not eligible. Prepaid and corporate cards and ExpressPay transactions are not eligible.

If your Card is replaced during the promotional period, please call the customer service number on the back of your Card for assistance. Registration is limited to the first 300,000 enrollees. Limit one statement credit per Cardmember. Statement credits are generally issued within 5 business days after your qualifying purchase, but may take up to 2 billing cycles to post to your account. Additional terms apply; see Registration Terms and Conditions for details.

21 Responses to “American Express Small Business Promotion”

1. camu says:

Yep, I bought some good Italian food at a local store :) I have a question: when you say ‘extended’, do you mean it can be used multiple times?

2. Nate says:

This is a great deal, I received my $25 credit this morning.

3. KP says:

That’s awesome. Thanks for sharing!

4. ziglet19 says:

Thanks for posting this. I knew about it for the Satruday after Thanksgiving, but we were too busy to go out. Thanks for letting us know the promotion has been extended!

5. live green says:

This is great to hear. I was mad when I forgot about it on Saturday. I will have to hurry up and use this promotion before it goes away.

6. Kevin says:

If only I had an amex….

7. eric says:

I did the original promotion on Saturday and got the $25 credit on Monday. Good stuff (and sushi in my case) :)

8. zapeta says:

Thanks! I thought this ended on Saturday. A great deal for those who have AmEx.

9. M Dixon says:

Jim, thank you for this. I registered on time, ate at my favorite restaurant for $26.97 including tip and tax after using their 20% off coupon. AmEx has already credited my card $25 ALREADY! fastest bonus payer I have EVER experienced! Enjoy! Melinda

10. govenar says:

I did this on Saturday and got the credit after a couple days. The signup started several weeks ago and was originally limited to 100,000, which they changed to 300,000. I’m guessing that isn’t really a hard limit though, because I doubt that 100,000 people hadn’t already signed up by the time I did it, and it still worked for me.

11. billsnider says:

From the varied comments in this room, I wonder what the real deal is?

Bill Snider

• govenar says:

Basically everyone has said they got the credit. So I’d say there’s not much to worry about; as long as amex has the signup page up, you should get the credit.

12. MLM says:

I registered, spent $33 at a locally owned restaurant on Nov 27th and have not gotten a credit yet. I emailed Amex and asked two questions: Where was my credit and since they extended the promotion, could I register again and use the promotion again. They did NOT answer the question about my credit, but they did say that the promotion could be used again. 5 friends in town signed up for the Nov, 27th deal and none of us have gotten credits yet.

13. rewards says:

What town? In California, I spent on 12/10 and got my credit on 12/12 (a Sunday).

14. Ron says:

With AMEX’s high fees, does the business really benefit from these transactions? Or are they basically giving away goods/services, hoping you’ll come back another time and use something besides AMEX? I understand how I benefit – $25 of free service/merchandise. Haven’t seen anything about the business side.

15. Gini H says:

I applied and got the approval and now Amex is telling me that they have no number for me and the credit isn’t there. It’s two billing cycles and still not given the $25.00. What a joke.

16. Doris says:

Oops. I thought I did everything right, and now I realize I thought it was Black Friday and it was on Saturday. So – I ate on Black Friday at a local restaurant and used our American Express. Any chance they’ll accept that??

• Jim says:

The deal was good for a pretty long period of time, I had my statement credit within a day of spending $25 at a small business.