Personal Finance
comments

Annual Credit Report Reminder

This morning, I wrote about the importance of regularly checking your credit report. The hardest part about the whole process is remembering to request a report every four months!

So I decided to leverage the power of the Internet to create a mailing list that will remind you every 122 days (365 days divided by 3) to go to AnnualCreditReport.com to request your report. The first email will remind you to request your Equifax credit report today. In 122 days you’ll get a reminder to request your Experian credit report. In another 122 days you’ll get a reminder to request your TransUnion credit report. Then in another 121 (to account for the extra day), you’ll get a reminder for Equifax again. You can sign up using this short form here:

The service is 100% free and your information won’t be sold to 3rd parties or any of that stuff. You can unsubscribe any time you’d like (you won’t hurt my feelings).

This post is part of the Bargaineering Annual Financial Review week series where we take a closer look at the four major facets of personal finance and see if we can do better. This post is part of day two – reviewing and optimizing your relationship with credit.

17 Responses to “Annual Credit Report Reminder”

1. Free? Why is that, they want to sell us something, my guess.

John DeFlumeri Jr

2. Anthony says:

Hmm… I actually just pulled a report a few weeks back.

Jim, can I set this to start whenever I want? Otherwise, I already have friendly calendar reminders.

• Jim says:

It’s set to send you reminders in 122 days after you sign up, so unfortunately no… you can only control it by being selective about what day you sign up.

3. daenyll says:

Great timing on this post, I need to order mine tomorrow and I can never remember the correct gov link for the truly free service without having to google it.

• Shock says:

Use free Google Calendar, put the credit reports on the calendar one every 4 months from the last time you pulled it, set it to repeat every 4 months and set up a reminder that will send you an email. There’s the flexibility that everyone desires.

4. chapstickmeg says:

This is a great idea. I ordered a credit report about six months ago (probably due to one of your posts) and have forgotten to keep up with the rotation. Obviously, I need the reminders!

5. eric says:

Crap…I just did my Equifax two and a half months ago….soooo I guess I just have to remember to sign up for this nine and a half months from now..

wait a minute..wasn’t my problem originally remembering in the first place? Crap, yet again.

6. javi says:

Thanks, I needed this. I always forget to pull my reports.

7. NateUVM says:

A great idea/offer.

Problem for me, though, is that I’m a month past my 2nd pull of the year, so I’m mid-term and my next report doesn’t align with the order here.

Sure there is no way to customize this?

8. DannyB says:

Where do you sign up for the reminder I don’t see the link
    Thanks
    Danny

9. DannyB says:

I am not seeing it.I see to sign up using the short form here: then its blank
    thanks

10. jsbrendog says:

this is great, thanks! if only i remembered exactly when i pulled my last one so i could do this….i think january…..i will wait til i can figure it out but i will def sign up

11. Chris says:

Great idea. Thank you.

12. JimmyDaGeek says:

I recommend that everyone get a free stickies program like Stickies v6.5a by ZHornSoftware (UK) and set it to remind you every 122 days. You can also tell it when to start reminding you.

I use the stickies program instead of a calendar program.

13. codename47 says:

Just cite adverse action and you can get a free credit report whenever you want.