There’s a “special limited-time online offer” for Bank of America credit card holders (I put that in quotes because these promotions come and go all the time) when they open a MyAccess Checking account online. It’s an online only offer of $75 when you open a new MyAccess Checking account and make a qualifying deposit. A qualifying deposit is one that is at least $125 made within 30 days of opening the account. There is no direct deposit requirement for this bonus, though it’s a way to avoid the maintenance fee (the other way is maintaining a balance, more on that in the fine print section).
The offer code for this promotion is CH75OL1 and you can find out more on their promotion page .
Some of the other fine print:
- There is no monthly maintenance fee (list of account fees ) with a qualifying direct deposit OR if you maintain an average daily balance of at least $1,500.
- Maintenance fee is $8.95 a month unless you have it waived (see above).
- You must keep the account open until you receive the bonus, or you forfeit it, and the bonus is reported as interest to the IRS.
- The $75 bonus will hit your account with 90 days of opening the account.
- There is a limit of one $75 bonus incentive per household ever six months.
This offer expires December 4th, 2010.