Bank Deals
comments

Bank of America MyAccess Checking $75 Promotion CH75OL1

Bank of AmericaIf you have a Bank of America credit card and are thinking about opening a checking account with Bank of America, then this $75 promotion on their MyAccess Checking account may be help you overcome inertia. The offer is pretty straightforward, open a bank account online through this link, fund it with at least $125 in 30 days and you’ll receive $75 in 90 days.

There is no direct deposit or check card purchase requirements. The account has no monthly maintenance fee, no minimum balance, and offers no interest. You must be a new checking account customer and the limit is one $75 incentive bonus per 6 months. No expiration date given.

Doesn’t get any easier than this. T&C’s after the jump.

Terms & Conditions:

You will receive your $75 credit to your new account within 90 days of opening your new personal checking account online. Limit one $75 incentive per household every 6 months. This is a special offer to existing Bank of America credit card customers and only valid only for new MyAccess Checking® accounts. This offer does not apply to current checking customers or student checking accounts. You must use the Offer Code CH75OL1 and fund your account with the $125 minimum opening deposit requirement within 30 days in order to qualify for this offer. We may report the value of any premium to the IRS. This offer expires on 6/26/2010. This offer may be withdrawn or modified at any time without notice. The $75.00 credit can only be made to your new account. This new account must be still open at this time to receive your $75.00 credit. Reproduction, purchase, sale, transfer or trade of this online-only offer and use of offer code CH75OL1 is prohibited. MyAccess Checking® has no monthly maintenance fee when opened online. Other account related service fees still apply.

19 Responses to “Bank of America MyAccess Checking $75 Promotion CH75OL1”

1. eric says:

I guess I’m all wrong for this offer. I already have a MyAccess Checking and I don’t want their credit cards. :P

• tbork84 says:

I look at having their credit card as motivation to never have finance charges on them. The way I look at it, they pay me to spend my money.

2. fairydust says:

LOL! I did the last BofA MyAccess Checking bonus offer and just adding the checking account so totally screwed up everything that I now can’t wait to get rid of their acct and the stupid cc I have with them. I’m not a big BofA fan, at all.

3. Shirley says:

Bank of America… no thanks.

4. LabSRB says:

I have a BoA Credit Card and I’ve decided to do this promotion. My intention is to park the $125 in the account and to cash out when the $75 is added. I figure if BoA overwhelms me with service or their features, I could always bank with them later.

I’ve opened up the account and tried to fund it with my current checking account. So far, this process has gone poorly. I received the trial deposits, but the BoA website doesn’t give me a place to enter it. Their phone support is somewhat clueless about what I’m trying to do.

Here’s to hoping I don’t have to go through this in 90 days making sure that the $75 shows up.

5. Scott says:

There’s a 1994 law that limits a bank from controlling more than 10 percent of the deposits in the United States, and currently Bank of America has 12 percent, thanks to loopholes. The Democrats are proposing a new law in the Financial Reform Bill to reestablish 10 percent.
    With that said, shouldn’t Bank of America be paying people to leave? I’d gladly move to the CU down the road for 75 dollars. ;)

6. Michael says:

I love BOA. Been with them since I was 16 with no problems.

7. lisa says:

can’t believe you would recommend this too big to fail mega bank to anyone…. what a joke… do you have any idea what these banksters and all the other too big to fails have done to our economy? do you read the news? why anyone with half a brain would bank at these corrupt institu-tions is beyond me. Nothing will change in this country until people start connecting the dots. The banking industry in this country controls almost everything (including most politicians) and they want to keep it that way. Hope that little $75 carrot is worth it to you, cause you’ll be paying a hell of a lot more than that in the long run.

• Victoria Hernandez says:

That is an incredibly good point. I feel as passionately about how corporations and associations in the food industry have their own interest in mind and have the goverment in their pocket. So how do I find a non-bankster I can trust? Shop for local a local credit union?

• Newbie says:

Well said.

Unfortunately people get dazzled by psychopaths, then their egos refuse to acknowledge that something is wrong. People will see things as they are, I feel, and things will change. Let’s grow up people, take responsibility for our mistakes in order to prevent this crap from spreading.

Get immune to the bad guys!

8. srini says:

They have wierd categories for residential status. This offer does not work for foreigners staying on temporary visa even they are residing here for years in USA.

9. AZEEM says:

You say,

Beware the fineprint in the advertisement says,

MyAccess Checking® account: There is no monthly maintenance fee/service charge with a qualifying direct deposit to your account or if you maintain an average daily balance of $1500, during each monthly statement cycle.

So there is a condition of direct deposit / minimum balance.

10. carolyn says:

when i openned account with similar incentives 18 months ago, credit was never given to me. i had to go in an hassle with them, to finally, months later, get a check. Now, 6 months ago, my son openned a student acct with promise of a similar incentive, and again, not credit. We’ll go hassle with them again. Anyone else have these problems. Seems like a scam.

11. LabSRB says:

For what it’s worth – I signed up with $125, let it sit there and there’s now $200 in my account. No minimum amounts, no fees or anything, aside from a few hassles of a not-so-well-done website. Time to close it up!

12. jud says:

I once opened an account – they had a $100 promotion – Bank of America did NOT honor the promotion – it’s 2 years later. I never got the $100.00. It’s a scam to get you to open an acct.

13. Mike says:

Wow! I too am a victim of BofA promotion scam. Back in September 2010 I enrolled in a bonus promotion that promised $150 in two $75 credits after 3 consecutive monthly direct and counter deposits into my existing MyAccess account. I’ve met the conditions but neither $75 has been put into my account. I’ve called customer service three times to no avail. Magically, the promotion has disappeared from their records and I am now waiting for the research department to investigate and get back to me. Fishy.

14. Meg says:

In response to Mike: I just received a $150 deposit into my “closed” BOA account for making qualified monthly deposits for 3 consecutive months. I had no idea there was a promotion in place.
    I stopped direct deposit on my BOA account as of Nov 1 and wrote my last check to bring my balance to $0 on Nov 16. Just received a letter from them and checked by account on line and they’ve deposited $150 into my account on Jan 18. Guess now I’ll officially notify them I’ve closed my account!

15. Jenni says:

I opened my a year ago, brand new customer… still no opening bonus, billpay bonus, or direct deposit bonus. I perfectly qualified for all 3 and was anal about following all of the stupid rules to get the bonuses. BOA reps initially said it would take 90 days, then it became 6 months, then a year. Well, I waited the year and of course – NOTHING. They did initially try and say I didn’t qualify because I failed to make an opening deposit… well, what REALLY happened was I authorized them to take the deposit and they just never did it. Luckily I kept the proof that I initiated it! I will be withdrawing my money from their institution. I signed up at a couple other banks (Chase, Key) and got all my bonuses no problem and on time, there is just no excuse for this. I plan on reporting this to every consumer agency that will listen.

16. Johnny X Williamson says:

I think that the promotional concept that the bank is using to get people to take the credit card is a positive promotion. I am a new depositor at the bank, and they have certainly served my account very professionally.