When was the last time you saw a credit card offer this rich a sign on bonus? It’s been many many years. While I’m not one for travel credit cards, I know there are a lot of folks out there who see a 40,000 bonus mile offer like that and begin salivating. It’s not common but Barclaycard is trying to make a splash and by offering 40,000 bonus miles after you make $1,000 in purchases in the first 90 days, they’re certainly doing that.
The Barclaycard isn’t affiliated with any particular airline, you can redeem the miles with any airlines, travel agencies, tour operators, hotels, cruises, trains, and car rentals but the conversion rates will vary from place to place. You earn 2 miles per every $1 spent on purchases, which is a nice accrual rate, and the redemption method is straightforward. Simply charge your travel to the card and get statement credits within ninety days. Also, the card also offers 0% introductory APR on purchases for the first 12 months, a nice perk if that’s something you’re interest in.
There is an annual fee of $89 that is waived for the first year.
Some official terms:
Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard — $89 Annual Fee Card
- Earn 40,000 bonus miles if you make $1,000 or more in purchases in the first 90 days from account opening. 40,000 bonus miles equates to $400 off your next trip!
- 0% introductory APR on purchases for the first 12 months after account opening. After that, variable APR, currently 14.99% or 18.99%, based upon your creditworthiness.
- Earn 2X miles on all purchases
- No mileage caps and no foreign transaction fees
- Get 10% miles back when you redeem for travel (i.e. redeem 25,000 miles for travel and get 2,500 miles back)
- Use miles for a statement credit toward any airline purchase to any destination with no seat restrictions and no blackout dates
- Easily redeem your miles for statement credits toward flights, cruises, car rentals, hotels and more
- Complimentary subscription to TripIt Pro mobile travel organizer — a $49 annual value!