Bank Deals
comments

BB&T $100 New Checking Promotion

BB&TBB&T Bank, which stands for Branch Banking and Trust, is running a $100 checking account promotion where you get $100 for opening a BB&T Free checking account and then setting up a Direct Deposit or making 3 online bill payments. Your $100 bonus is deposited within 4 weeks of satisfying one of the conditions. The BB&T Free checking account has no minimum balance requirement though the minimum opening deposit is $50. There are no maintenance fees.

You can read more about the promotion here (promotion code is AFJAP). This promotion expires June 6th, 2010 so you have to act quickly (it was extended beyond the original expiration date of April 2010).

The specifics of the DD or bill pay requirements are:

• You must establish a direct deposit and receive 2 recurring direct deposits of at least $10 within 90 days of account opening, or,
  • You must use BB&T’s online bill payment service to initiate 3 online bill payments of at least $10 within 60 days of account opeining.

As usual, the bonus is reported as 1099-INT and is only available in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, Washington, D.C., and West Virginia.

12 Responses to “BB&T $100 New Checking Promotion”

1. Yana says:

Just tried to open this account, but I am in California and one must have an address in one of the following states to do this.

* Alabama
    * Florida
    * Georgia
    * Indiana
    * Kentucky
    * Maryland

* North Carolina
    * South Carolina
    * Tennessee
    * Virginia
    * Washington, D.C.
    * West Virginia

2. zapeta says:

Thanks for the heads up but not available in my state. Oh well!

3. Darren says:

If you don’t qualify for this bonus because you don’t live in one of the eligible states, there’s a promotion going on for a Chase $100 checking bonus with similar terms and conditions that expires on April 30. The main difference is that you must deposit $100 instead of $50.

4. Yana says:

@Darren – another main difference is that BB&T is not Chase. But for those who don’t care who is offering the bonus, that’s good info.

5. jsbrendog says:

this only makes me more upset i didnt take advantage of chase’s $175 promotion 6 months ago.

6. Daniel says:

This promotion appears to still be live. The terms indicate June 6, 2010 as the expiration date.

Eligibility: This special limited time offer is available to new clients that open a new personal checking account between 01/01/2010 and 6/06/2010 through BBT.com.

7. nicole says:

I signed up for this, and mentioned Bargaineering.com in the customer satisfaction survey that popped up at the end of the online application process. I’ve been paying close attention to all your posts about checking account promotions, because I have a Wachovia account that was recently converted to Wells Fargo, and the conversion process is turning out to be major headache. PNC Bank had a monthly service fee, I already have a Chase account, and M&T required too high of a minimum deposit. This one had easy requirements and a reasonable minimum balance. Thanks to your site, I was able to make an informed decision & will get $100! Thanks for spreading the word about all these good banking promotions:-)

8. I grabbed this promotion, and the one for BofA. I am in the process of trying to switch my primary banking institution, and so this is a trial run for both. May the best bank win. :)

9. thunderthighs says:

Thanks, awaiting my $100…

10. Holly says:

I signed up for this and am waiting for my $100 reward. It says it will be deposited into my account within 102 days, so we will see if it really happens lol I feel like they will find some reason to not give it to me…