Welcome to Bargaineering’s best credit cards section! We have compiled a bunch of credit cards that we think offer the best value for consumers today. We have picked a variety of cards from a variety of credit card issuers to find you the best, because we feel that you should have options and pick for yourself.
For our “best of” list of credit cards, we chose the best balance transfer credit card, the best cashback reward credit card, the best overall reward card (which may not give rewards in cash), the best travel credit card and finally the best gas credit card. By finding the best in class for each category, we’re sure you can find a card that you see as the “best credit card.”
Best Travel Credit Card
The Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express, tied to Starwood Rewards program, offers 25,000 Starpoints after your first purchase (enough for up to 6 nights) and has you earning double points for every $1 spent at a Starwood property and 1 point anywhere else.
- Starpoints® bonus: earn up to 25,000 bonus points: 10,000 after your first purchase and another 15,000 after you spend $5,000 within the first 6 months of Cardmembership
- That’s enough for a weekend getaway to a Category 4 Hotel like the Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, or six free nights at a Category 2 Hotel
- Free Hotel Nights: redeem Starpoints at over 1,100 hotels in nearly 100 countries worldwide — with no blackout dates
- Free Flights: redeem Starpoints on over 350 airlines with SPG Flights -with no blackout dates
- Get 5,000 bonus Starpoints after you transfer 20,000 Starpoints to a frequent flyer program with more than 30 airlines
- No limits on the number of Starpoints you can earn
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $65
- Terms and Restrictions Apply.
Best Gas Credit Card
Remember when I said cashback cards are rare these days? Gas cashback cards are even rarer and to find one we have to turn to PenFed’s Visa Platinum Cashback Rewards card. It offers 5% cashback at gas stations and 1% on everything else with no limit. Your cash rewards are credited to your account every month, you don’t have to submit a request or deal with any paperwork – which is how it should be.
- 13.99% APR — lower than most rewards cards!
- Earn 5.00% cash back from gas purchases paid at the pump*
- Earn 1.00% cash back from all purchases** you make with the card during each billing cycle
- Up to $50,000 limit
- No Annual Fee
- Cash Rewards credited each month
- No special restrictions to earn your cash rewards
- Limited Time Only – Low Balance Transfer Rates†
- You must be a Pentagon Federal Credit Union member to apply. Not a member? It’s easy to join. Click here to learn more.
There are our best credit card offers!
Disclaimer: This content is not provided or commissioned by American Express. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of American Express, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by American Express. This site may be compensated through American Express Affiliate Program.
* See the online credit card application for details about terms and conditions. Reasonable efforts are made to maintain accurate information. However all credit card information is presented without warranty. When you click on the “Apply Now” button, you can review the credit card terms and conditions on the issuer’s website.
Discover is a paid advertiser of Bargaineering