Free
comments

Blockbuster Express Free Movie Codes

BlockbusterBlockbuster has had a rough few years. First, Netflix was and still is eating their lunch on mail-order DVD rental. Then Redbox swooped in and started crushing their in-store business by renting movies for $1 a day, sticking their kiosks everywhere.

June 17th, 2005, shares of Blockbuster (BBI) traded at around $10 a share. Today they’re trading at 28 cents and the market cap is barely above $61 million. Netflix (NFLX), on the other hand, traded at just under $17 a share five years ago and sits pretty at around $124 today with a market cap of $6.51 billion.

How far the mighty have fallen!

Well, to help combat this massive erosion of market share, Blockbuster entered the fight for in-store kiosk dominance with their Blockbuster Express service. Much like Redbox, there are plenty of Blockbuster Express free movie codes:

• GT14A
  • GT15A
  • SSD16A2
  • SSD16A3
  • SSD16A4
  • SSD17A1
  • SSD17A2
  • SSD17A3
  • SSD17A4

(courtesy of Fatwallet Forums)

Here is the Blockbuster Express store locator.

Enjoy!

(Photo: digiart2001)

20 Responses to “Blockbuster Express Free Movie Codes”

1. moljacks says:

Greg Meyer has been trying to get on the blockbuster board in a last ditch effort to save the company. He actually has some good ideas and if he can make it on the board, I would consider buying a couple hundred shares.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

2. HuBu says:

The kiosk is great but it has it’s. One, the need a slot to return movies. Push in the movie, and it will scan and spit out a receipt. No need to turn the computer. (I have spend a lot of wasteful minutes waiting for idiots in front of me scanning through the movies and 20 minutes later walks away without renting anything.)

They should also try two computers with one collection of movies to speed up the process. I love the fact that I can rent the dvd online and just go there to pick it up. But I still need to wait until my turn to get to the computer. The only person I am helping are the people behind me.

• cdiver says:

Come on, what do you want for a buck a night.

• Scott says:

Yes, yes, yes! This is the only problem I have with RedBox. I understand the need to go after the spontaneous and the computer illiterates, but I cringe when I see people browsing the selections at the kiosk.

3. ziglet19 says:

I can’t say I’ve actually ever seen a Blockbuster kiosk, but I sure see the Redbox kiosks everywhere.

4. Money Smarts says:

I’d be open to using a Blockbuster kiosk if there were any near our area. Looking it up online, however, it looks like the closest one is about 50 miles away. Redbox? We have 5-10 of them within 5 miles. Much more convenient.

• Shirley says:

It’s the same in my area. I’m sure they will expand, but until then it’s a Redbox choice.

5. Red Box kiosks are everywhere but the Blockbuster ones are pretty scattered. Fortunately there is one not far from me so these codes will definitely come in handy. thanks!

6. Eddie says:

Greg Myer could have probably saved Blockbuster before it went bad, and it’s not impossible he could pull it back from the brink now.

It will take a lot more than free movies to convince me, though! I wouldn’t go near anything Blockbuster until I have reason to think the uniformly atrocious customer service experience I’ve had with the stores has improved, and improved considerably. I don’t give money to people that treat me like I’m a jerk, period.

7. Pop says:

I have one in my grocery store and will try these out at the first opportunity possible. Thanks! Only drawback I’ve seen with the machines is the extreme bias toward recently released movies. I want Best in Show, not Iron Man!

8. billsnider says:

Lets face it. Blockbuster has seen its day.

Bill Snider

• cdiver says:

The Red Box centers seem to work much better than the Block Buster kiosks. I had to return a movie to a customer service desk once, talk about nervous about being charged for a non-return.

9. cubiclegeoff says:

Never bothered with Red Box. Never was that anxious to see a movie that has just come out on DVD, and am okay waiting until it comes around on Netflix. And if I really want it, I don’t mind the extra money to rent through Amazon On Demand, not requiring me to go anywhere.

I used to like Blockbuster. There old mail-in service with the ability to trade in movies at the store was great. There just isn’t a Blockbuster near us anymore and we get a greater benefit from streaming on Netflix (Blockbuster has streaming, but you have to pay for each move streamed… not worth usually).

10. Dave says:

The kiosk idea is a great on, however, as mentioned both redbox and BB need a way for you to return the movies quicker….all it would take is a slighty bigger machine with a 2nd terminal just for returns and the movie could go right back into the inventory same machine…solves the problem that 2 machines might pose and the added cost of swapping the returned movies back into the vendable machine. BB need to shake things up and do something out the box to get noticed or they will not survive head to head with RB

11. Raymond says:

I just thought I would let you all know that I just use one of the codes and it worked out great. The kiosk worked exactely the same as the Red Box ones do. Thanks for the free codes. It helps in these challenging times, free entertainment night for the family.

12. Raymond says:

Ohh I forgot do you know how to get free popcorn too?

13. eric says:

I’ve heard rumors of bankruptcy a year or so ago during the Circuit City meltdown. You’re right…how much things have changed. I remember when Blockbuster was the definitive movie rental store. Now I haven’t been in one in forever.

14. Steve L. says:

I have four Redbox and Blockbuster kiosks near my home, one each within a half mile and one each within 1.5 miles. They both work exactly the same. I also have Blockbuster online with a nearby retail store. If you plan it right, you can get every movie either free or for $1 max. If I can’t watch it right away, I just store it on my hard drive until I’m ready to watch it, but I still return it by 9 PM the next day. Only little glitch was BB Express forgot that AZ doesn’t observe DST, so their clocks are an hour fast (meaning you have to return by 8 PM to avoid an additional charge, until they fix the issue).

15. sunday says:

Redbox kiosk is placed under a more secure locating. in other words)Blockbusters locatings you will get soaked from the rain because of the location of the kiosk. BB kiosk are placed at most of the Q-trips locations and they have them placed were you will get soaked from rain. BB is down the street, but I will go out my way to go to kroger to get a movie from Redbox. BB & Redbox please put more movies of black American actors and actress in the box.