This week, the world of investing falls into two broad categories (at least this week it does): Investing in the Stock Market & Investing in Real Estate. While I’m not the keeper of the flame, as its steward for the week I did take the liberty of not accepting some submissions that I felt weren’t relevant (I didn’t exclude any posts on the basis of quality though some would argue hosts should). If your post was clearly not about investing whatsoever or was more personal finance in nature (i.e. money management, budgeting) then I advise you to consider participating in the Carnival of Personal Finance if you aren’t already.
Also, I apologize again for this being just a linkdump of the submissions, I was away for the weekend at a wedding in Boston so I didn’t have the time to pull a Nick and throw up a fantastic carnival.
So, without additional delay… I present to you the 36th running of the Carnival of Investing:
Stock Market Investing
- Flexo at Consumerism Commentary discusses why you should Add Exchange-Traded Funds (ETFs) to Your Portfolio
- Jason Patterson at Wealth Building World writes about The 8 Biggest Money Mistakes – Mistake No. 3.
- Frugal at 1stmillionat33 has some Reasons for (Not) Investing in Bonds that you should read.
- HeJustLaughs writes for HJL Money Blog with some Reasons for using a Roth IRA.
- Free the Drones Blog presents Buying Annuities To Guarantee Income In Retirement posted at Free the Drones.
- Daniel of My Money Path writes about Diversification: How I’m Learning the Hard Way.
- Justin Stanley at IneffibleMind presents Cash n’ Crash.
- Abnormal Returns’ contribution this week takes a look at WisdomTree Investments in Personality vs. performance.
- Stock Market Beat takes a second look at Hewitt Associates after they reported some of their financials.
- Dan Meyer at Tick Marks presents The “Party Hardy” Trap of Early Retirement
- Tom Hanna at Financial Options presents The Week Ahead: Your Financial Roadmap for August 21 to 25, 2006, a look at the upcoming reports this week
- Loi Tran at Investing Guide writes about how I do not like technical investing. (why Loi doesn’t)
- Chris Welch presents Prime Interest Rate & Credit Interest Spreads posted at InvestorGeeks.
- George at Fat Pitch Financials presents USG is a Fat Pitch.
Real Estate Investing
- Free Money Finance at Free Money Finance presents Slim Pickings for Real Estate Vultures — So Far
- The Landlord presents Dealing with other people posted at Lording the Land.
- Brian Brown, CPA, submits an index to his blog series on Real Estate Taxation and other insights.
- Dan Melson at Searchlight Crusade presents What if Your Partner Refuses to Pay Their Share of a Loan or Mortgage (or Won’t Pay on Time)?
- LAMoneyGuy presents The Real Story Behind the Los Angeles County 6.6% Median Price Increase posted at It’s Just Money.