Welcome everyone to this week’s edition of the Carnival of the Capitalists, one of the oldest and more celebrated carnivals out there, and this week, even though many of us in the US are all fattened up on some turkey, we still have a nice helping of leftovers to get you through the start of yet another regularly scheduled work week.
- Free Money Finance presents Six Wise Ways to Spend a Raise.
- nickel of Five Cent Nickel presents Transferring 403(b) Funds via a 90-24 Transfer.
- Ed at Daily Dose of Opimism presents a Google Video of Warren Buffett at the University of Florida.
- Laurie Bluedorn at The Homeschool Marketer presents A Special Time for Homeschoolers.
- Jeff Burkey at HedgeFundDomain presents Cost Cutting.
- David Maister of Passion, People and Principles presents Why Are Some People So Motivated?
- Wenchypoo of Wisdom from Wenchypoo’s Mental Wastebasket presents The Politician Primer (L-O-N-G).
- Barry Welford of StayGoLinks presents Walled Gardens – The Walls Keep Tumbling Down.
- Scott On Money presents Reducing Friction in the Personal Credit Market.
- About PMI writes about how now that the Democrats are in power in both houses of Congress, they are more likely to make private mortgage insurance tax deductible.
- Phil for Humanity presents Dear Junk Mail Solicitors.
- Steve Faber of Debt Free presents Investments That Aren’t – Just The Bad, and The Ugly.
- Trent at Simple Dollar presents Money For Nothing: Putting Money In Your Pocket With Minimal Effort.
- Declare War on Credit Cards has an article about Getting Your First Credit Card.
- Super Saver at My Wealth Builder presents My 2006 Year-End Stock Market Assessment.
- Wayne Hurlbert of Blog Business World pens a post titled Entrepreneur peer support: Ending isolation.
- Princeton professors Shivaji Sondhi and Michael Cook contribute a guest column at Econbrowser with some new ideas about how to move forward in Iraq.
- Henry Stern, LUTCF of InsureBlog presents CDHC: Smaller Increases?.
- cehwiedel at One-Man Band presents Healthcare for the One-Man Band.
- Leon Gettler over at Sox First has an exclusive interview with Al Gore.
- Starling David Hunter, who blogs at The Business of America is Business, presents End It Like Beckham.
- Jack Yoest of Reasoned Audacity presents Rush Limbaugh Does DC for the Fisher House Foundation.
- Mark at SportsBiz reports that the NHL became the first professional league to sign a contract with YouTube to show video clips of its games the day after they are played and share revenue with YouTube in an undisclosed sharing split.
- Big Picture Guy presents The Count of Montecristos.
- David Foster at Photon Courier writes about how the success of on-line grocer FreshDirect provides an interesting contrast to the failure of lavishly-funded Webvan.
- Brian Gongol explains how people who invest in penny stocks because they received “pump-and-dump” spam may be unwittingly funding terrorism.
- Rob May of Businesspundit discusses an analysis of a recent study that shows entrepreneurs overestimate their likelihood of success.