One of the ways that you can maximize your finances is to make use of cash back credit cards. These are credit cards that provide you with the ability to earn cash back on your purchases. Hundreds of these cash back cards exist, and many of them stop at providing you with 1% cash back on all your purchases. However, there are cards out there that offer better cash back deals — even promotional sign up bonuses.
As you consider which card might be best for your lifestyle, here are a few cash back credit cards offering great deals this month:
Chase Freedom MasterCard
You have to different options with the Chase Freedom MasterCard. There is one offer, where you can receive $200 bonus cash when you sign up and spend $500 in the first three months. The other version is the $100 bonus cash offer (spend $500 during the first three months) that comes with a 0% intro APR. The intro period is one year for balance transfers and six months for purchases.
The Chase Freedom card is a 1% card for all purchases, but you receive 5% cash back on rotating categories throughout the year. Plus, you can get additional cash back (up to 10%) when you shop online through Chase, frequenting specific merchants.
- This offer is for people with a good to excellent credit history which means, among other things, that your credit history is clear of bankruptcy and seriously delinquent accounts
- Earn $200 Bonus Cash Back after you make $500 in purchases in your first 3 months
- 5% Cash Back on up to $1,500 spent at grocery stores and movie theaters from 4/1/12 – 6/30/12
- You\’ll enjoy new 5% categories every 3 months like gas stations, restaurants and even airlines. It’s free and easy to activate your bonus each quarter!
- Unlimited 1% Cash Back on all other purchases
- Up to an additional 10% Cash Back when you shop online at select merchants through Chase
- No annual fee and rewards never expire
Blue Cash from American Express
- Earn a $100 cash back bonus after spending $1,000 in eligible purchases in the first 3 months of Cardmembership
- 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months, flexibility to pay over time
- Get 3% cash back at supermarkets, 2% cash back at gas stations and department stores, and 1% cash back on all other purchases
- No spend minimum, No enrollment, and No rotating rewards categories
- Get a $25 Referral Bonus for each friend or family member who is approved for the Card
- No annual fee, flexibility to pay over time
Citi Dividend Platinum Select Visa
For the most part, you will receive 1% cash back on this card for your purchases. However, you can also earn 5% cash back on rotating categories. Keep up with which categories are earning more, and you could improve your ability to earn cash back. There is also a promotion with this card, offering you $100 back once you spend $500 during the first three months. Unfortunately, though, the Citi Dividend Platinum Select Visa caps your cash back at $300 a year. However, you do get a full year of interest-free balance transfers and purchases.
- $100 cash back after $500 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening
- 0% Intro APR on Balance Transfers and Purchases for 12 months. After that, the APR will be 12.99%-22.99% variable based on your creditworthiness*
- Earn 5% cash back at The Home Depot and on Home Furnishing and Home & Garden purchases from 4/1/12 to 6/30/12 when you enroll.
- Each quarter, you can enroll to earn additional cash back in popular categories.
- Full 1% cash back on all other purchases and eligible cash advances.
- No annual fee*