Credit
comments

Chase Freedom(SM) Rewards $250 Bonus Is Back

The Chase $250 bonus promotional offer is no longer available.

A couple months back Chase was offering $250 after your first purchase on their new Chase Freedom® Visa – $50 Bonus Cash Back and now that offer is back!

The first time of the offer terms is hard to read but I believe it says that you’ll get points that can be redeemed for a $250 check. The bonus offer is valid only for first-time card members with new accounts…. Existing card members/accounts are not eligible for the bonus offer (I think this refers to existing Freedom card members, but I’m not 100% sure). Act quickly because this offer died fast last time around.

Word of warning:

Kyle writes:

I spoke with a Chase CSR this afternoon who said the $250 bonus ONLY applies to those who do not now, nor have ever, held ANY Chase card. I find this to be a little ridiculous considering they’re promoting the card bonus on my existing account sign-in page, but who knows. It sure wouldn’t be the first time I’ve spoken with a clueless customer service rep.

Here is my review of the Chase Freedom(SM) card.

53 Responses to “Chase Freedom(SM) Rewards $250 Bonus Is Back”

1. Nancita says:

I signed both my husband and myself for this promotion. Just saw he has his $250 check ready for the asking. I signed up later. Awesome!

2. Sam says:

Wanzman, email me the screenshot of the bonus offer please: samsteroh@gmail.com.

Thanks!

3. Bill smithh says:

Received the $250 check from chase!

4. Norah says:

When did you apply?
    Can you give me the link you used?
    Thanks.

5. broknowrchlatr says:

I signed up on April 6th and just got my card last week. I made a purchase on the 27th and just got an email that I will be getting the bunus in 6-8 weeks (of course I have to keep the account till then)

Thanks!!! I heard about it here first.

6. bullsluck says:

I signed up for this account last time they had this offer, was skeptical if I would receive the reward, as soon as I received the card made one purchase on it. Today I received my first statement. I checked my rewards online and to my surprise I had $250 worth points, WOW. I ordered my $250 rebate immediately. I have one 5% rebate Chase card and one Flexible rewards card already but never had Freedom card.

So guys and gals jump on the opportunity if they offer it again !!

7. Bim says:

Most, but not necessarily all Starbucks are considered quick service restaurants within the merchant category codes that card processors use to base their bonus point earnings on.

8. Pablo says:

I also signed up for this deal when it came around. Just paid my first bill, and had them send me my $250 check. Unbelievable.

9. Michael says:

I just saw my rewards online, and ordered the $250 check today! So the deal was legit!! I only made one purchase on the card, as soon as I got it, bought some gas.

10. Adam says:

I did.

11. Patrick says:

Sweet! just deposited my $250 bucks Friday thanks for letting me know. Between this and my 200 bucks in free gas citi credit protector between the wife and I I’m up 450 bucks and that doesnt include my HSBC 500bucks or my AMex bluecash woohoo!

12. broknowrchlatr says:

I just got my $250 check in the mail today. With my first Month’s changes applied, I have a balance of $23 in the rewards account. So, in about 8 more months I’ll be able to get another $250 check. Woo hoo :)

• carolyn says:

i did not get second and i have a rewards balance of 200 dollars i still got nothing signed up i did not get first one yet

13. howard says:

I recently opened a chase freedom card account and was wondering if I am eligible for the $250 bonus??? can you tell me where I should check on this???? opened in august of 2007

14. Melissa says:

I opened an account and like many of you thought it was too good to be true. Within 6-8 weeks, I had redeemed the 200 points from my first purchase and they were redeemed for the $250 check. I didn’t believe it until it hit the ATM, but tis is for real!

15. larry says:

Yes, but when you get the card you are accumulating POINTS to be redeemed for stuff. You have to change to accumulating CASH and it takes a month. Then 6 weeks after my first purchase I had to call and request the $250 check but I got it and another since because of usage.

16. lorraine ranaudo says:

Yes I have signed up and did receive my $250.00 . I have found chase freedom to be right on target.

17. >I spoke with a Chase CSR this afternoon who said the $250 bonus ONLY applies to those who do not now, nor have ever, held ANY Chase card<

Ha. What a joke. Yet again, they only want to get the shiny new customer. They don’t want anyone shopping around for offers. Hey newbie… just join Chase, stick with us for the rest of your life while we make lots of money from you. Nice.

John.

18. carolyn says:

chase freedom screwed me out of my 250 dollar bonus ater i use it with in 3 months and pay ontime do not go over credit limit i did it they did not

19. carolyn says:

at the time of offer i was new its a rip off