Credit
comments

Chase Freedom(SM) Rewards $250 Bonus Is Back

The Chase $250 bonus promotional offer is no longer available.

A couple months back Chase was offering $250 after your first purchase on their new Chase Freedom® Visa – $50 Bonus Cash Back and now that offer is back!

The first time of the offer terms is hard to read but I believe it says that you’ll get points that can be redeemed for a $250 check. The bonus offer is valid only for first-time card members with new accounts…. Existing card members/accounts are not eligible for the bonus offer (I think this refers to existing Freedom card members, but I’m not 100% sure). Act quickly because this offer died fast last time around.

Word of warning:

Kyle writes:

I spoke with a Chase CSR this afternoon who said the $250 bonus ONLY applies to those who do not now, nor have ever, held ANY Chase card. I find this to be a little ridiculous considering they’re promoting the card bonus on my existing account sign-in page, but who knows. It sure wouldn’t be the first time I’ve spoken with a clueless customer service rep.

Here is my review of the Chase Freedom(SM) card.

53 Responses to “Chase Freedom(SM) Rewards $250 Bonus Is Back”

1. wanzman says:

Has anyone actually signed up for this offer and got the 250 reward?

• David Giles says:

I currently have a chase credit card and signed up for the freedom card and after I got my 1st statement I clicked on the link to rewards that was on the electroninc statement and promptly received via mail my $250.00 check. It is for real!

2. Nick says:

Signed up. Thanks!

3. tanyetta says:

i want GREENbacks only too :)

4. Michael says:

I signed up last time, and got my card last week. I DONT feel 100% confident that I will get the $250 check. I made my first purchase this week, and will see in 6-8 weeks like it says.

5. The feedback I’ve received from my site visitors has been positive. It’s an awesome card and the rewards are real!

6. broknowrchlatr says:

I’ve been hesitant to sign up for any new credit card offers but this seems too good to pass u. Right now, we are on a $13,000 card with just 1% cash back. We spend $700 a month at the grocery stores and $150 on gas. So, that 2% extra (3% – 1%) = $17 a month.

Holy crap. Ok, signing up now. Thanks!

7. Curtis says:

The fine print reads (in part):

“The bonus offer is valid only for first-time cardmembers with new accounts…. Existing cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for the bonus offer.”

So, does this mean that if I already have a Chase card, I can’t get the Freedom with a bonus?

Thanks,
    Curtis.

• jim says:

I don’t know but I can’t imagine that’s the case, I think that if you don’t have a Chase Freedom card then you should get the bonus.

8. Sun says:

I got this card last week and here’s what the card carrier says:

“Redeem $50 in rewards for a $250 check or save up to $200 in rewards for a $250 check.”

Does it sound I will get $250? I don’t think so though I can still use the 3% rebates on gas and groceries.

9. Weekly Roundup – 04/06/07

Here’s a quick look at some of the articles that caught my eye over the past week…

First and foremost, Jim notes that the Chase Freedom $250 signup bonus is back.
    Flexo posted a nice increase in income this month.
    FMF talked about how to eliminat…

10. Andy says:

I signed up for this on Friday when they were still running the $250 signup bonus. Does anyone have a screenshot of this still?

I’m worried that if it was already discontinued then I won’t get the bonus. The rewards are still good since they lowered the Citi Dividend Platinum rewards to 2% but $250 would be nice.

• wanzman says:

Andy,

I was very skeptical as well so I did in fact keep a screenshot. However, I called Chase today to see if that bonus was showing up under my account and they told me that it was showing and all I have to do is spend a penny and I will get $250! I signed up Friday as well, so I am sure you will be OK.

Here is how is how I verified that I got the bonus:
      call 888-692-4273
      choose menu option 2
      enter SSN
      they will tell you if you have been approved
      choose menu option 0 (talk to agent)
      then tell them u dont have account # because you have not received card, and then they can get SSN again and look at your account to see if it shows that you are eligible for the bonus.

Hope this helps.

11. DAR says:

I am a Chase Freedom cardholder, with my spouse as an “authorized user.” I may try to sign my spouse up as the primary to cull the reward.

Question: has anyone called customer service prior to applying in order to check whether one would qualify for the reward?

12. Patrick says:

Anyone know if Starbucks qualifies as a “Quick Service Restaurant”?

I go there every morning and as expensive as that coffee is, 3% is a lot nicer than 1%.

13. Kyle says:

14. dong says:

I’m gonna be pissed if I don’t get my $250. I’ve been on credit card sign up moratorium until this card. Oh well I’ll see when I get the card, and potentially argue with them if I think I have a case…

15. Andy says:

OK, I was eligible. Thanks Wanzman for the directions on how to check. I was worried when I read that it was for first-time cardmembers. I previously had an account that got sold to Chase, happily this did not disqualify me. Now, the only question is how to spend my money . . .

16. Yan says:

I signed up a few weeks back but have not activated the card yet. My colleague at work did it before me and is currently waiting for his first bill where whey will presumably mention the rewards

17. Dimples says:

I signed up for the card last Thursday and got approved. I also did a print screen of the offer page and printed it out. I just followed Wanzman’s directions and my card was sent out yesterday and my account is eligible for the $250 bonus. Once I do the first purchase and receive my moola I’ll most likely split it up and put half in my ING and the other half in my Citibank account.

18. Rocketc says:

My wife and I signed up separately and as far as I can tell, we are both eligible for the bonus. $500 fish from Chase!

19. broknowrchlatr says:

I signed up for this and got in before the deadline and used the helpful info from wanzman to check on the status and verified approval.

A big thank you to Internet Explorere. I still had the signup page mentionning $250 cached so i could print it out.

Still crossing my fingers till I actually get the $$$.

20. buttercrud says:

FWIW, even though I’ve been a Chase Continental Visa holder for the last 8 or so years, I’ve been assured by two CSRs that I do indeed qualify for the $250. So don’t despair previous card holders!!

21. dave says:

grrrr. Is there anyone who can help me? I signed up while the promotion was still going. When I activated my card, the representative confirmed that I was a part of the reward program and that all I had to do was spend one penny and I would receive my reward.

WRONG

I made my first purchase and nothing is showing on my account. I called chase. The first representative claimed to have never heard of such a promotion. The second checked my account today and told me I was enrolled in no such program.

Does anyone have a screenshot or something that can help me?

22. Aaron says:

if anyone has the screenshot for the bonus offer can they please email it to silbs@yahoo.com thanks so much

23. erik says:

$700 a month on groceries???!!!

“Holy crap.” No wonder you are broknow.

24. This is such a nasty trick! First, they they entice you with the $250 cashback reward and then ‘forget’ about it. They will do anything to make you apply for a credit card! I think we should try to make it on the news. Something like ‘Chase. Another Credit Card Fraud’.