I am happy to officially announce the end of the credit crisis. A few years ago, when the credit crisis reared its nasty head, the number of credit card promotions understandably plummeted. Credit card companies and banks were trying to lower their risk and the easiest way to do that was to reduce the number of credit card promotions they offered.
Well, the $200 bonus is back and the Chase Freedom Visa is the first to offer it as long as you make $1,500 in purchases. You get $100 cash back after you spend $500 in the first 3 months and then an additional $100 cash back after you spend an additional $1,000 in the first six months. This is on top of the 5% cash back you get on rotating categories.
- Earn up to $200 cash back after you make $1,500 in purchases in your first 6 months.
- 5% Cash Back on up to $1,500 spent on Gas, Hotel and Airline purchases from 7/1/11 – 9/30/11
- You’ll enjoy new 5% categories every 3 months like grocery stores, dining, department stores and even home improvement stores. It’s free and easy to activate your bonus each quarter!
- Unlimited 1% Cash Back on all other purchases without limits on what you can earn
- Up to an additional 10% Cash Back when you shop online at select merchants through Chase
- Cash back rewards never expire
- No Annual Fee