One of the latest credit cards to make a splash in the world of plastic transactions is the Citi Simplicity® card  . With a long introductory period for the 0% APR on purchases and balance transfers  for 18 months, and no over the limit fees or late payment fees, Citi Simplicity® offers something unique in the credit card  universe.
While there are definite advantages to the Citi Simplicity® card, including no annual fee, it does not come with a rewards program. So, the card, while offering a lot to some individuals, is not the best choice for others. Here is a rundown of the new Citi Simplicity® credit card:
Citi Simplicity® Features
Just as the name suggests, the Citi Simplicity® credit card is fairly straightforward. There is no rewards program, so you won’t get bogged down in those types of details. Other features include:
- No fees for late payments or going over the limit: I’ll give you a few seconds to read that again. Yes, you read it right. Citi won’t be charging you fees if you pay late, or if you go over the limit. That alone can save some hundreds of dollars a year. (I wouldn’t be surprised, though, if repeat offenders end up with their accounts being closed.) Realize, though, that your late payments and over the limit transgressions will still be reported to the credit bureaus and influence your credit score.
- No penalty interest rate: Your interest rate won’t be jacked up if you are late, or go over the limit.
- 18-month introductory rate: When was the last time you saw an intro rate longer than nine months? This 18-month 0% APR is a god-send for those trying to pay down their debts. The variable rate after the introductory period will vary.
- Fraud protection: You will have $0 liability for purchases made fraudulently. If you want to shop online with a virtual number, Citi will provide one connected to your credit account, protecting you from hackers.
- Travel benefits: There are a number of perks offered by the Citi Simplicity® card. Lost luggage coverage, trip cancellation coverage, and rental car collision loss/damage are all included with the card.
Who is the Citi Simplicity® Credit Card For?
In most cases, the Citi Simplicity® card will benefit someone trying to pay down his or her debt. The card, with its 0% APR for 18 months, and its forgiving policy if you are late with a payment, offers a situation in which someone with credit card debt can make solid headway. The Citi Simplicity® card is ideal for someone living paycheck to paycheck, looking for a way to better his or her financial circumstances. Make on time payments, and use it as a way to slay your credit card debt, and the Citi Simplicity® credit card can be a helpful tool in improving your credit score .
On the other hand, someone with good credit already, and who doesn’t carry a balance, may not benefit as much from the Citi Simplicity®. If you are a super credit card user who likes to take advantage of rewards programs to get cash back, free travel and other perks, the Simplicity® card won’t fulfill your needs.