Career, Personal Finance
comments

CNN Money’s Top Ten Jobs

CNN Money produced a top fifty list of the Best Jobs in America and the esteemed position of ‘code monkey’ earned top honors this year. I think the most interesting thing to take away from this list is the wide variety of jobs on it. When you look at some of the other lists, such as the most lucrative college degrees, you see a lot of engineering and business degrees but not a lot of other vocations, it’s nice to see some other areas getting some love.

Anyway, the top ten list is (via CNN Money):
1. Software Engineer
2. College professor
3. Financial adviser
4. Human Resources Manager
5. Physician assistant
6. Market research analyst
7. Computer IT analyst
8. Real Estate Appraiser
9. Pharmacist
10. Psychologist

Though, I think if I had a choice, I’d prefer to have this guy’s job.

8 Responses to “CNN Money’s Top Ten Jobs”

1. Nick says:

That guys notes, “The hours remain a challenge.” Coming from someone who works for EA, that’s code for “I work 137 hours a week! SOMEONE PLEASE SAVE ME!!!”

Well, time for me to get back to having the best job in America.

2. King Asa says:

“Engineer” is number 17 on the list… strange that they group all other engineering disciplines in to one category while they separate software engineer out and rank it #1. Sound’s a little shady to me.

3. Jennifer says:

I see they list pharmacist as #9. I’m a pharmacist, and I am assuming that pharmacist made it to the #9 spot because of the pay. Don’t get me wrong, the pay is great but the job stinks. I work for large retail pharmacy, and frankly I feel somedays like an overpaid cashier. Plus, they are now talking about making our pharmacy open 24-7. YIKES!!! I am NOT working overnite!

4. Bald Man says:

Clearly, the author is stuck in an old media mode. The best job out there: Pro Blogger! :D

5. jim says:

I agree, Bald Man, but then again the author would be pointing to the “enemy’s” job as the best… especially on the heels of the New York Times reporting a 68.5% drop in first quarter earnings. :)

6. Trent says:

HR Manager? Are they nuts? Who want’s to deal with the benefits complaints of 10,000 employees, handle hiring and firing… not me.

7. Is it just me or is just about every blogger out here a codemonkey?

8. DMiller says:

Software Engineer? You’ve got to be kidding. How about Adult Film Star? Hours are a lot better and at least you realize you work with idiots.

Software Engineer is nothing more than a holding pen for the socially inept and wierdos.
    I am, and i am neither.