Banking
comments

Coinstar Promo: $10 Amazon GC with $30 Count

Coinstar is a coin counting vending machine that usually takes a nice fat cut of the count but from 01 October until 04 November, when you count over $30 in coins and convert it into an Amazon gift certificate they will send you an additional $10 Amazon gift certificate via email.

You will need to keep the receipt of the count and mail it by 08 November to:

Coinstar GC Offer

PO Box 91258

Bellevue, WA 98009

If you don’t provide an email, the certificate will be sent via postal mail but I recommend providing an email because electronic is better (less opportunity for it to be lost). Also, if you aren’t sure if you have $30 in coins, head over to a bank and ask for thirty bucks in quarters or something.

I’ll probably be doing this sometime later tonight or tomorrow as I’ve been itching to trade in some coins so I can report back on what the form asks for. Incidentally, if you want to avoid the Coinstar fee you can always take it to a Chevy Chase bank to convert them for free (other banks offer this as well).

7 Responses to “Coinstar Promo: $10 Amazon GC with $30 Count”

1. SMB says:

Fabulous, we have some coins hanging around, and I was just lamenting that our bank only has two branches that accept them. Thanks for posting this!

2. Posco says:

I have never used Coinstar before. What percentage does Coinstar normally keep?

I spend my coins on bus fare.

3. jim says:

I believe it’s now at 8.9%.

4. eburton says:

If you convert coins to cash, the rate is 8.9%. You can avoid that fee by converting coins to certain gift cards (including amazon.com and itunes).

5. Patrick says:

Nice find. I may just do this to clear out some coins. Christmas is coming up in a few months, so it won’t be very hard to use an Amazon gift card. :)

6. Lazy Man says:

That’s a good deal with the extra money. We have used the converting to Amazon GC in the past since there’s no Coinstar fee with it (I guess they get money from Amazon). We find that we almost always can use something from Amazon.

7. Money Socket says:

This is an awesome find, I think I have $50+ worth of coins I dug up since I just moved. So no fees + the $10 bonus? I’ll make sure I get to a coin star by this month. Thanks