Cars
comments

Costco Tire Warranty: Repair, Rebalance, Rotate – $0.00

I’ve written in the past about why I purchase my tires from Costco and today I was able to use their great tire warranty. A co-worker pointed out that I had a nail embedded in my tire via a business card note around the middle of the week and so today I brought my tire in for repair. The center opened at 9:30 and when I arrived at 9:20, there were already a dozen people ahead of me in line. The perfect storm of a tire promotion ($60 off a set of 4 tires) and, well, the impending actual snow storm meant that everyone was going to get their work done today. By noon, they had stopped accepting any new work!

Today, I had the all the tires checked for pressure, had them balanced and rotated, had the front passenger tire deflated and re-inflated with nitrogen to match his brothers (when I had the rim replaced, the autoshop could only inflate with regular air), and the nail puncture repaired on the rear passenger tire. Final cost: $0.00. Now, all that wouldn’t have cost much at all but it’s always nice to get service for free.

8 Responses to “Costco Tire Warranty: Repair, Rebalance, Rotate – $0.00”

1. FMF says:

I’ve ALWAYS had GREAT service at Costco!

2. GVS says:

Costco does indeed have excellent tire prices with the included warrenty. However, I have found that Big O will match Costco’s prices (with a nominal charge for tire disposal) and they will also do alignment for an addition charge; something that is critically important for proper tire and that Costco in not equipped to do.

3. Stamp says:

I don’t like the warranity that Costco offers, I traded CRV’s, but I kept my wheels and new Michelins, went back to Costco for tire rotation and tire repairs, some employees will honor the Costco warranty while other employees will not, some managers will honor the warranity while other managers will not. I had about 10,000 miles on my Michelins and took tire back to Costco for replacement, Employee James said Costco will replace tire free of charge, but when tire came in, I went to get tire replaced and run into employees that would not replace tire, so I turned in my membership card and said I will not shop at Costco again.

4. Mr. Bill says:

I experienced a similar problem to Stamp with Costco warranty but found that being very persistent and loud at the counter with many potential customers made my warranty suddenly available. Don’t let them bully you, dig in and MAKE them warranty the tires. You will be suprised how easy they cave in once you ask to talk to both the service manager and store manager. It is a shame that customers need to resort to this sort of tactic at a store where everything else is near perfect!

5. Bob says:

The Costco tire warranty is not worth the paper it’s written on. I bought 8 Yokohama tires from the north Spokane store and several years later had a rock puncture in one and took it in to be fixed.
    They said they never sold Yokohama’s and wouldn’t fix it. I called the main office and they looked up my record and said that I had indeed bought the tires there. They finally agreed to look at it and without dismounting the tire said that it was a tread separation and couldn’t fix it. I took it to Less Schwab, after dismounting the tire they said it was a rock puncture that couldn’t be fixed but they did replaced the tire for $25.00.

6. Brooklyn says:

Will Costco replace tires that suffer sidewall cracking?
    This is becoming a problem on relatively new michelin tires. I mean within 4 years based on date on sidewall.
    Suggest you do a google search on michelin and rot if you are shopping for tires.

7. Tony says:

Bought 4 new tires from Costco Norwalk CT and during the first week of driving felt vibrations through the steering wheel and took it in for an alignment. It was not alignment but all 4 wheels were out of balance by several ozs? Had to pay my own mechanic to rebalance as I cannot tell them to put the tires back on and go back to Coscto and get the same incompetent service, and not to mettion the 2+ hour wait wait the first time around. Complained to Costco and want to be reimbursed for my rebalancing and received standard response that they will look into it. Last time buying tires from Costco.