NEWS
comments

Disney “Give a Day, Get a Disney Day” Rewards Volunteers

Donalt DuckDisney just announced that they would be kicking off a marketing campaign titled “Give a Day, Get a Disney Day” promotion. Starting January 1st, 2010, if you volunteer a day of community service at select charities, you can get a free one-day, one-park ticket. They will give out a million tickets until December 15th, or until they run out. The “Give a Day, Get a Disney Day” promotion is going to replace the current promotion where you can get free admission to the park on your birthday.

How do you participate? Visit’s the Give a Day, Get a Disney Day page to sign up and look for an eligible volunteer opportunity in your area. You won’t be able to sign up or search for opportunities until January 1st but you can sign up to get an email reminder when the program gets started.

I checked out the terms & conditions of the offer and it’s fairly relaxed. There are some restrictions on when you can use the ticket (You can’t enter Walt Disney World Resort between March 29th – April 8th, and July 4th; you can’t enter Disneyland on February 13-14, March 21, June 21-22, July 4, NOvember 21, or December 11-12). Outside of the day restrictions, I don’t see aren’t any other notable or unexpected requirements (full terms & conditions).

Give a Day, Get a Disney Day [HandsOn Network]

(Photo: savannahgrandfather)

13 Responses to “Disney “Give a Day, Get a Disney Day” Rewards Volunteers”

1. That is a great promotion. I love seeing companies giving back to communities.

I think that companies need to focus more on their local communities. I think that people think to big sometimes and forget about helping those in need in close proximity.

2. zapeta says:

I signed up for a reminder. I was planning a trip to Disney, and I already volunteer at a couple places so we’ll see if I can put two and two together.

3. Wojciech says:

My wife and I are taking advantage of the birthday deal this year. This is an awesome idea to do a good deed AND get a great deal in return. The charities will also benefit immensely. Hat tip to Disney!

• daemondust says:

Yes, the charities will benefit, and hopefully a lot of people will discover they enjoy it and continue to volunteer without the Disney offer. It’s a great marketing tool Disney has come across. It costs them very little and nets them a lot in increased sales within the parks and hotel properties. Probably a nice big tax deduction too.

Not saying there isn’t at least a little altruism in their minds, but it will be a big financial gain for them too.

4. Peter says:

What a fun deal. I am definitely going to sign up. Thanks for the info!

5. daemondust says:

Wow. I would’ve expected a lot more dates restricted.

6. Martha says:

Wow, I’d love to do this! Thanks for the tip!

7. Andrew says:

I’d be a lot better off working an extra day at my job and then buying my own ticket to Disneyland, if I had any interest in going to Disneyland. Still, it’s a nice idea.

8. Beware says:

Be careful. Disney is having difficulties with their automated process. They are unwilling to make manual adjustments, even though their site is not working properly.

9. Kim says:

My family of 5 signed up to work MLK Day at an elementary school. We found it educational and fitting going to a black majority from our white majority neighborhood on that particular day. We helped build a track, planted flowers and visited a gravesite. Really, that was reward enough but now we have 5 tickets to Disney where we were planning to go anyway. Disney rocks to promote volunteerism. Love it!

10. 2Real4U says:

This was poorly planned. Almost a promotional scam, because of the publicity received for such a poorly planned program.

Disney did not anticipate a million people to volunteer, and many more tried to.

Forums are filled with people who couldn’t get into the web sign ups as the servers were overloaded. Even if you “got in”, by the time the organization scheduled your date to volunteer the tickets were gone.

How do you explain this to a bunch of elementary aged children who signed up to volunteer with a promise of a Disney ticket?

Do you have them go do their day of work they signed up for hoping they’ll leave with a good feeling inside, but knowing they won’t because they were promised a ticket? Do you cancel the organization, and feel terrible for doing that?

Wow Disney, thanks’ for planning this so poorly and setting up a bad situation for so many parents!

11. Tim says:

Wonderful experience. We made blankets for Project Linus and our whole family was able to get into Disney for free. Our son received a blanket when he was in the hospital that had a note from project linus. So we wanted to return the favor.
    Thanks, Tim