Banking
comments

Emigrant Direct & HSBCDirect at 4.80%

Yep, HSBCDirect, who has been offering some of the more aggressive rates amongst well know names, and Emigrant Direct, which has seemingly followed lockstep, have increased their online savings account rates to 4.80%. Comparatively, slowpoke ING Direct is still down there at 4.25%.

Promotions: ING Direct offers a $25 referral if you deposit $250, use this self-serve $25 ING Direct promotion page if you want a referral.

6 Responses to “Emigrant Direct & HSBCDirect at 4.80%”

1. Nick says:

Emigrant Direct really doesn’t want my money back, does it? I mean, 4.90% is all it would take, little Emmy! You can do it! :(

2. Matt says:

Yessss. I actually started my Emigrant Direct account, maybe last monthe. Started at 4.50%, then went to 4.65% and now it’s up to 4.80%. I’m feeling the love already. It’s funny because just the other day I was watching Bernanke talk about how America needs to increase their savings and stop borrowing…I think this is the right step towards the future.

3. denon says:

Emigrant is up to 5.05% APR as of today. Woohoo! :)

4. jim says:

Their homepage still says 4.8%… seems odd they’d cannibalize their own MyWay CDs by offering a 5.05% without bumping up their CD.

5. denon says:

Actually, I whined to them about having a bunch of cash in HSBC, but Citi being so much higher. I got this note in response to my whining — I just assumed it happened to everyone’s accounts, maybe that’s not the case?

“Your money is earning even more for you! Effective June 30, your HSBCdirect.com Online Savings Account rate is 5.05% APY*. That’s our highest rate ever – and more than 8x the national savings average”

6. denon says:

Doh! I said Emigrant before, didn’t I .. I meant to say HSBC. Sorry.