The Forbes 400, a list of the 400 richest Americans, is entirely comprised of billionaires. If you’re worth $999M, sorry pal, you can’t get into the party.
Here are the top three:
- Bill Gates has $53 billion and has been #1 for 13 years.
- Warren Buffet has $46 billion and has been #2 since 1994 except for 2000.
- Sheldon Adelson, who owns 70% of the Las Vegas Sands Corp., jumped from #15 to #3.
Now, here are some mind boggling morsels from the article :
- Sheldon Adelson, #3, earns about $1M per hour and has done so for the last two years.
- Google guys Sergey Brin and Larry Page earned about $13M per day for the last two years.
- As if it were an indictment on the ridiculousness of the housing market, 90 of the 400 live in California, most of any state.
- New York holds the second most with 44 (prices aren’t cheap there either!)
- Not that I revel in her misery but Martha Stewart fell off the list when her bank account shrunk by almost $400M.