Personal Finance
comments

Happy Labor Day

Americans don’t take enough vacations and while today is a holiday, I’m going to do my part and do zero work today. I will not labor today. I suggest you do the same. Have some fun, spend time with family, we’ll be back tomorrow. Matthew Maguire would be proud. Or was it Peter McGuire… the Wikipedia article isn’t very clear about it. Either way, don’t labor. :)

Be back tomorrow!

10 Responses to “Happy Labor Day”

1. Anonymous says:

I am too far behind to not labor today. I hope and pray I can find some balance….

2. single mom says:

I am too far behind in every department to take a day off. I am hoping and praying for balance….

3. Charles says:

thanks for the advice, but i’m a little too late as i’m reading this post at work right now. oh well, maybe next year i’ll have this day off.

4. I have the day off from work and it is giving me a chance to get caught up and get ahead on my blog! I’ll also be going to a pork BBQ meal at my parents house later today… yum!

5. daenyll says:

i love 3 day weekends, so easy to make it 4 day weekend

6. John says:

Shouldn’t they call this day “anti-labor day” if people aren’t going to labor today? I’ve always wondered about that. Ha. Anyway, yes, you deserve rest! It’s important!

7. Matt M says:

It is pretty sweet to have a day off from everything.

8. Ray says:

If we’re suppose to be taking off, shouldn’t they call it Vacation Day instead?

9. Shirley says:

Even though we are retired Labor Day was grand with all the kids here for a potluck BBQ, lots of visiting and even more laughs. It was a wonderful day and only the very youngest exerted much energy! :-)