Personal Finance 

Happy Veterans Day

Email  Print Print  

VETERANS DAY CEREMONY 2009 - US ARMY AFRICA - 091110 (18A)To all the men and women who have served our country, thank you.

“Veterans Day” was first celebrated in 1919 when President Woodrow Wilson declared November 11th, 1919, as a national holiday to commemorate the end of the first World War. An act was passed in 1938 to make permanent Veteran’s Day as a legal holiday each year, thought it was called Armistice Day and was primarily a day to honor World War I veterans. It wasn’t until 1954, with the approval of Public Law 382, that November 11th became Veteran’s Day. You can read more about the history of Veteran’s Day from

Either way, celebrate Veteran’s Day with gusto and thank someone for their service.

Interesting aside, the official spelling of Veterans Day has no apostrophe.

(Photo: usarmyafrica)

{ 4 comments, please add your thoughts now! }

Related Posts

RSS Subscribe Like this article? Get all the latest articles sent to your email for free every day. Enter your email address and click "Subscribe." Your email will only be used for this daily subscription and you can unsubscribe anytime.

4 Responses to “Happy Veterans Day”

  1. Yes, especially thank someone. We have a lovely display of flags on Veterans Day at a Memorial by our Civic Center. About 70 Veterans and 30 Boy Scouts show up early in the morning and get them ready for the community. It’s breath taking to think of all those people.

  2. Tim says:

    we should start making service mandatory for both females and males for 3 years…less than 1% of the population carrying the sacrifice for the other 99% has to end, especially when the majority of that 99% thinks they know what is best for the military when they have absolutely no clue.

    thanks to all those who have served and are serving.

  3. Aaron says:

    No, don’t thank me. I just earned a paycheck while wondering how many people I helped kill for no real reason and ultimately quitting in absolute disgust. No veteran since the Civil War has a damned thing for this country.

Please Leave a Reply
Bargaineering Comment Policy

Previous Article: «
Next Article: »
Advertising Disclosure: Bargaineering may be compensated in exchange for featured placement of certain sponsored products and services, or your clicking on links posted on this website.
About | Contact Me | Privacy Policy/Your California Privacy Rights | Terms of Use | Press
Copyright © 2016 by All rights reserved.