A few years ago, I opened a Revolution Money Exchange account because they were offering a $25 promotion  for very little work. Revolution Money Exchange is a PayPal-like payment system clone minus all the fees. In late 2009, American Express bought the company  and I didn’t really hear much more news about it.
In my ongoing quest to simplify our finances, this was a “zombie” account that I never used. Last week, I decided to close it. The closing process is very straight forward but difficult to find on your own. I emailed customer service and they sent me these instructions:
- Login to your MoneyExchange account by going to revolutionmoneyexchange.com and clicking on account login.
- Click on the My Profile tab.
- Click on User ID.
- At the bottom of the screen, click on the Terminate your Revolution MoneyExchange account link.
- On the next screen, recall all transactions awaiting approval, by clicking on the Recall All Transactions icon.
- Select the radio button next to the reason for cancellation of account.
- Enter any comments and press Cancel My Account.
Canceling my account took less than fifteen seconds and I received a confirmation email within 24 hours.