Government, Taxes
comments

How To Get Your 2008 Stimulus Rebate Check Faster

Have you been awaiting word on when you expect your stimulus package? First, check the stimulus calculator located near the end of my original 2008 Stimulus Package Explained article. If you are eligible for a check, when you can expect it will depend on the last two digits of your social security number.

If they have your direct deposit information available on file, then you follow this schedule:

• 00 – 20: May 2
  • 21 – 75: May 9
  • 76 – 99: May 16

If they do not have your direct deposit information, then this is your schedule:

• 00 – 09: May 16
  • 10 – 18: May 23
  • 19 – 25: May 30
  • 26 – 38: June 6
  • 39 – 51: June 13
  • 52 – 63: June 20
  • 64 – 75: June 27
  • 76 – 87: July 4
  • 88 – 99: July 11

So if your social security number is 000-00-0034 then you will receive the stimulus package amount on May 9th if you have direct deposit and you will receive the stimulus package check on June 6th. As you can see, you get the money nearly a month earlier if they have your direct deposit information.

How do you give them your direct deposit information? You give it to them when you file your return. Be sure to input your direct deposit information on your 1040 on line 74 (a-d). Once they have it there, you can get your check considerably sooner. Don’t be a fool, direct deposit. :)

Over $1200 in credit card promotional offers, take advantage of it!

217 Responses to “How To Get Your 2008 Stimulus Rebate Check Faster”

1. linda cassel says:

what happens to your chk if you claimed (0) on your taxes for dependents.
    what is the break down income to rec 300 or 600 for a single person
    i make 19,000-21,000

2. John says:

I just filed online. 4/16/2008 at 12:17 AM EST. Missed deadline by 17 minutes. Will I receive the stimulus check in accordance to the scheduled disburse date above ?

3. robert says:

my bank gave wrong routing # , and i all-ready recieved my return , is there a way to get new routing # to recieve stimulus refund earlier

4. spaceneeded says:

Will my working student ge a rebate check, If I also claimed him?

5. Erika Dawson says:

If you paid taxes in 2007 through a direct withdrawl from your checking account, will the rebate check be directly deposited using that information?

6. Mommy1 says:

My husband and I filed our taxes together. He owe’s back child support from his previous relationship and they usually take his refund yearly. If we filed jointly, will I still get my refund check or will they take the total amount ($1200)? I shouldn’t get penalized, it’s not something I owe. Thanks!!

7. anonymous says:

Mommy1: By $1,200.00 do you mean the rebate? If you file jointly and the refund goes to his delinquent child support, and he is not caught up yet, then the rebate will go to settle your joint obligation to the child he owes. He is apparently the primary SSN on the return.

That is the responsibility you took on by filing jointly with him – as far as taxes owed and given rebates, it is BOTH of your obligation to pay off the money owed.

The government is not going to take the time to seperate the rebate into “his” and “hers” checks, so you will not receive $600.00

If paying these delinquent payments bothers you so much, file your taxes seperately from his from now on.

8. anonymous says:

Mommy- an addendum to the above post: Do you know about the Injured Spouse Form (Form 8379)? It’s too late for you to file the form for this year’s refund and rebate, but from now on, if it’s in your best financial interest to file jointly with your husband and you have earned income, you should file that form when you do your taxes. From my understanding, if you had mailed out that form prior to April 15th (it can be mailed seperate from the return) you would have received your $600, contingent on you not owing anything yourself. It would also allow you any refund due based on your income and other credits.

9. Enny says:

Just wait, allright! Can’t wait to spend it???

10. anonymous says:

Mommy – I stand corrected. It is not too late for you to fill out a 8379 for either your share of a refund or the rebate. If you have any individual income, earned or not, it would be in your best interest to look into that.

It won’t hurt for you to fill it out and send it in as soon as possible, even if you don’t work outside the home. Do you have a checking account or any other account that is in your name only? You could put that interest earned on the form under income “allocated to injured spouse”. even if it was just a few cents, this form may allow you to eventually get your $600.00 given that the IRS will now be notified.

People who file 8379 and have a spouse who owes back child support, student loans, etc. will get their fair share of the rebate.

11. Earnestine says:

I see no answer to my question. We filed a form 4868, on April15, 2008, because i did not have the money to pay a preparer. I hope to complete this return this week of 4-21-08. MY QUESTION TO YOU IS? WE ARE PAYING 112.00 EVERY MONTH TO IRS, AND HAS BEEN PAYING FOR YEARS. WILL MY HUSBAND AND I RECEIVE THE STIMILUS CHECK?

12. peggy morgan says:

can i give my direct deposit number at my bank so i can get my stimulus check quicker when the mall people filled my forms out they never asked for it my name is peggy morgan 156 searight ave uniontown pa 15401 thanks also my fiance willy swaney lives at my address and he didnt know about this his old address is 79 park ave uniontown pa 15401 needs changed to 156 searight ave uniontown pa 15401

13. Airon says:

I filed my taxes in January before I knew anything about the stimulas plan.
    I did not use my direct deposit number. Can I still use my direct deposit to get my stimulas package faster? How would I do this?

14. joni says:

ok we filed married joint with 4 kids but hubby also get va compensasion does that mean we get the 600 married 300 per kid plus 300 for the disabled vet part?

15. Sheryl says:

This is a response from an IRS rep… This is valid.

“If you did a Direct Deposit to an Emerald Card, then the Tax Rebate will be Direct Deposited to the same Emerald Card account.If you took a Refund Anticipation Loan, Refund Anticipation Check or other settlement product and had that settlement product deposited to an Emerald Card, the the Tax Rebate will be in the form of a check mailed to the address used on your tax return as it involved a temporary bank account and the IRS will not recognize this account for Direct Deposit.”

16. Sheryl says:

The reason it gets deposited onto the card is because it was set up as a “direct deposit into the H&R block account associated with the card” It will be direct deposited as long as you didnt do a RAL or other loan service

17. adam says:

how do you sign up for direct deposit on your stimulas plan if you had to pay taxes instead of getting a refund for 2007

18. Jim says:

I also got my refund on the Emerald card…. in my tax return info it uses the card account as my direct deposit info. is there a way to change this before they send out the rebates?? H&R block ripps you off with all sorts of charges every time you use the card and I would rather it not go there.

19. heather says:

who’s SSN# do the rebate checks fall under husband or wife? do the checks come joint or seperate? wondering when we will recieve are stimulus payment.

20. lena says:

I got my tax refund through H&R Block with their debit card will my tax rebate go to that same debit card or will I get a check

21. Chad E Fitzgerald says:

If my mailing addrs is differant than what was on my W-2 form will this hold up me receiving my syimulus rebate check?
    Thank You.

22. Anonymous says:

I LIKE TO KNOW WHY CAN I SET UP TO HAVE MY STIMULUS PACKAGE SENT TO MY DEBIT CARD NOW. I WAS INFORMED THAT I COULD NOT DO THAT UNLESS I HAD MY ORIGINAL REFUND FOR MY 2007 TAX RETURN SENT TO MY DEBIT CARD AT THAT TIME. I CAN NOT DO IT NOW. IS THAT TRUE?

23. jody bucklew says:

If I got rapid refund and they did not ask me for direct deposit info is there anyway i can get it to the irs now

24. George says:

If I got my tax refund on the H & R block emeral card will my stimulus check go directly to the emerald card? tks

25. dw says:

several times i saw the question about if you did not receive the letter will this affect your check…I did not receive the letter but I qualify according to all other information. What about the letter????

Comments are closed for this post.