Government, Taxes
comments

How To Get Your 2008 Stimulus Rebate Check Faster

Have you been awaiting word on when you expect your stimulus package? First, check the stimulus calculator located near the end of my original 2008 Stimulus Package Explained article. If you are eligible for a check, when you can expect it will depend on the last two digits of your social security number.

If they have your direct deposit information available on file, then you follow this schedule:

• 00 – 20: May 2
  • 21 – 75: May 9
  • 76 – 99: May 16

If they do not have your direct deposit information, then this is your schedule:

• 00 – 09: May 16
  • 10 – 18: May 23
  • 19 – 25: May 30
  • 26 – 38: June 6
  • 39 – 51: June 13
  • 52 – 63: June 20
  • 64 – 75: June 27
  • 76 – 87: July 4
  • 88 – 99: July 11

So if your social security number is 000-00-0034 then you will receive the stimulus package amount on May 9th if you have direct deposit and you will receive the stimulus package check on June 6th. As you can see, you get the money nearly a month earlier if they have your direct deposit information.

How do you give them your direct deposit information? You give it to them when you file your return. Be sure to input your direct deposit information on your 1040 on line 74 (a-d). Once they have it there, you can get your check considerably sooner. Don’t be a fool, direct deposit. :)

Over $1200 in credit card promotional offers, take advantage of it!

217 Responses to “How To Get Your 2008 Stimulus Rebate Check Faster”

1. jessica nieto says:

What if I got my refund on the H & R Block Emerald Card? Will my rebate be considered a direct deposit?

2. Dianne Pritt says:

If I owe taxes will I still get the stimulus check or will it go toward the taxes owed?

3. JESSICA says:

H&R BLOCK DEPOSIT ANSWER: I spoke with a rep from H&R block and they said that the refund will come on the emerald master card. =)

4. Catina says:

I recently filed my taxes with H&R Block and when I finished they gave me an emerald card and deposited my money on it. Will I receive a rebate check or will they place my money on this card to.

5. anon says:

H & R Block charges fees to access the Emerald card? What a rip off – I’ve never had a debit card that charges me anything. Are you charged less money than a RAL?

6. jay says:

Mommy1 responds:
    Posted: April 17th, 2008 at 12:25 pm

“My husband and I filed our taxes together. He owe’s back child support from his previous relationship and they usually take his refund yearly. If we filed jointly, will I still get my refund check or will they take the total amount ($1200)? I shouldn’t get penalized, it’s not something I owe. Thanks!!”

- Than you shouldn’t have married this bum

7. randy says:

Jay responds:
    Posted: April 6th, 2008 at 7:19 pm

“If i did my taxes through turbo Tax, and had it direct deposited through them, does that mean the IRS has my bank info?”

-Yeah the IRS has you’re account number because you used direct deposit for your refund in 2007. You use Turbo tax software to figure out and file you’re taxes. It’s not like H&R block where you can get a loan and than the IRS deposits the money into their account.

8. Tracy Culp says:

How can I be sure that they have my direct deposit information??

Is there a way to report that information to them before the designated deposit dates?

9. Dani says:

I owe taxes for 2007, will the Stimulus rebate be applied to my taxes owed, or will I receive the refund, and they hope that I use the money for the taxes owed. Thanx

10. Kay says:

Did I have to file thru Turbo Tax to get my refund early? I had my taxes
    direct deposited in February so does that mean its on file?

11. ceejay says:

I recently received a notice from the irs saying I owe 416.00 from my 06 return, will I still receive a stimulus check. I expect to get 1200.00

12. ray says:

if i already filed my 2007 taxes and have already received them, but did not direct deposit it, can i do anything to get my stimulus check direct deposited so i can get it back faster?

13. Nola says:

If you had your Income Tax Return split into two different accounts via Direct Deposit, which account will recieve the rebate money?

14. hecroalui Planas says:

Two questions:

1. Are they going by the 2007 or 2008 taxes. i did direct deposit on my 2007 but not 2008. which one are they using.

2. I never received my stimulus package information letter. my girlfriend got it but i did not and we did our taxes at the same place and same day.

please email me at riccua_25@yahoo.com if you know. i really want to know.

15. Tony says:

This is from the IRS. Go check out the Rebate FAQ and see yourself.

Q. I chose direct deposit for my 2007 tax refund but also requested a Refund Anticipation Loan (RAL) from my preparer. How does that affect my stimulus payment?

A. Taxpayers who use RALs or enter into any other loan or financial agreement with their tax professional cannot receive their stimulus payments by Direct Deposit and instead will get a paper check.

16. jan says:

Tony-

I’ve learned that it is a waste of time to answer questions on this forum.

The same questions get asked and answered over and over again.

17. Eudean Wade says:

If I got a money now loan at jackson hewitt on the same day, can i switch to direct deposit for my stimulus check.

18. linda says:

the first ss#on your return is the one they go by

19. jon says:

“jan responds:
    Posted: April 24th, 2008 at 2:42 am
    Tony-
    I’ve learned that it is a waste of time to answer questions on this forum.
    The same questions get asked and answered over and over again.
    Before you ask a question – DO A SEARCH OF THIS PAGE AND SEE IT YOUR QUESTION HAS BEEN ASKED & ANSWERED ALREADY!!!”

-settle down jan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. Moneta Bell says:

Is all my stimulus payment going to my child support arrears?

21. Anonymous says:

I’m divorced and my ex and I alternate years claiming our son. 2007 he claimed him on his return. On my return I file as head of household and receive earned income credit. So, am I correct in saying that his dad will receive the additional $300 for our son rather than myself?

22. Ed says:

Y’all retarded …You need to read the questions, as they have been answered several times. If y’all file your returns properly, yall would get your rebates properly. If you have any outstanding federal debt( IRS debt, delinquent Student loans, Child support) that your refund is usally intercepted for…Kiss your rebate bye bye …on cnbc.com , there arent any specifics but a general statement from the treasury that direct deposit rebates are going out this week. Like 8 million of them. They dont elaborate on the paper checks. http://www.cnbc.com/id/24295607

23. ree says:

if a couple is married and have 3 children…will they get the flat 1200.00 or will they get the 1200.00 for married and then 300.00 per each child

24. John says:

Will I get a stimulus check if I owed taxes and got on a payment plan?? ANd i have an oustandning student loan that never allows me to get my refund in past years Ive had a refund……

25. q says:

If my refund was deposited on the HR Block Emerald Card, will the stimulus rebate check also be deposited to the same card, or what if you dont have the card anymore. Can anyone help me.

Comments are closed for this post.