Personal Finance
comments

How To Win McDonald’s Monopoly Game (2009)

McDonalds Monopoly Game PieceMacDonald’s Monopoly game has started for 2010!

McDonald’s announced that this year’s Monopoly game will start on October 6th and end on November 2nd. If you go now before the game starts, you can get a pre-promotion code good for one property and entry into their pre-promotion contest.

Every year McDonald’s runs its very popular Monopoly game where you get a Monopoly property sticker/game piece with selected items. If you get all the properties in a color group, you get to win that cash prize. In addition to these properties, you can get instant win stickers as well for free Wi-Fi time, or gift cards, or McDonald’s products. The cash prizes range from $50 up to $1 million!

The secret to winning the game is in understanding how it works. McDonald’s sets up the game so that it controls the number of ten critical pieces. Those pieces happen to be the last property, when listed alphabetically, for each color group (except Boardwalk). If you get one of these rare pieces, you’ve basically won that prize.

2009 Game Pieces & Prizes

For 2009, the rare pieces (and the prize you can win with that color group) are:

• Mediterranean Avenue ($50 prize, 2000 prizes)
  • Short Line Railroad ($500 prize, 750 prizes)
  • Vermont Avenue ($1,000 prize, 125 prizes)
  • Virginia Avenue ($2,000 prize, 75 prizes)
  • Tennessee Avenue ($5,000 prize, 10 prizes)
  • Kentucky Avenue ($10,000 prize, 6 prizes)
  • Ventnor Avenue ($25,000 prize, 8 prizes)
  • Pennsylvania Avenue ($50,000 prize, 4 prizes)
  • Golden Avenue ($100K prize)*
  • Boardwalk ($1 million dollar prize, 1 prizes)

The pieces are included on the following products:

• Angus Burgers
  • Chicken McNuggets (10 or 20 piece)
  • Large Fries
  • Medium & Large Drinks
  • Large Hot McCafe Drinks
  • Hash Browns

The key is finding the rare pieces. You can take advantage of the Internet to find people willing to sell or trade rare pieces to complete a set (which is against the rules of the game). Websites like the Fatwallet Forums are a great resource to meet other players.

Cheapest Monopoly Game Pieces

The best value item to get are the hash browns, which cost anywhere from $0.80 to $1.00 in most stores and yield two game pieces. It may be cheaper, and faster, than sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope ($0.88 for two first-class stamps) to get the free pieces (instructions) below.

The healthiest option, if you plan on consuming the product, is probably a large coffee. :)

Free Monopoly Game Pieces

How do you get the pieces for free? You can mail away for them by sending a “legibly handwritten, self-addressed, stamped envelope with your address (first and last name, street address, city, state, and zip or postal code) to:

2009 MONOPOLY at McDonald’s Game Piece Request
P.O. Box 49189
Strongsville, OH 44149-0189

Instant Win Prizes

In addition to the property prizes, there are a number of instant win prizes:

• Food Prizes – Medium French Fries, any Large Beef Sandwich, any Breakfast Extra Value Meal®, Small McFlurry® or Fruit ‘N Yogurt Parfait, Small Soft Drink or Small Hot Premium Roast Coffee (excluding McCafe®), and any Breakfast Sandwich.
  • Fifty Dollars – There are 5,000 of these prizes available, you get a check for $50.
  • Fifty Dollar Arch Card® ($50) – There are 200 of these prizes available.
  • Xbox 360 Game System – There are 3,000 of these prizes available, but you will only get these off an order of large fries or Angus burger.
  • $500 Shell Gift Card – There are 100 of these prizes available.
  • $25,000 Dollars – Finally, there are eight $25,000 prizes available.

I don’t know how likely it is that you’ll get a rare game piece, or a really good instant win game piece, for free through the mail, but you never know!

Good luck!

(Photo: sundazed)

287 Responses to “How To Win McDonald’s Monopoly Game (2009)”

1. Anonymous says:

you people need LIVES. you all know this game is rigged but your addictive/depressive personalities don’t allow you to do anything except think wishfully!

2. Rob says:

is park place worth any thing?

3. Thomas says:

not really..sorry

4. J says:

Missing only the latest in the alphabet in each color

5. Clue-less says:

Tonight, I went to McDonald’s. One of my tokens was Park Place. It says that I need 121 122.
    Does that mean I need #121 or #122 of Boardwalk or Park Place? And what number do I need?

And, if I do find #121/122 of Boardwalk/Park Place, have I won 1 million dollars?

Need to know!! Please reply!

6. Ellen says:

I was playing the game online and rolled the dice that was supposed to land to the last color I need to win a cash prize and the piece didn’t stop on the place where it should land. I am dissapointed and felt like betryaed by this game. Since this game was started I been buying McDonald just to play the game. Also, some McDonald restaurant dion’t use the cups with Monopoly Stickers on it, I was wondering if that is illegal? or should I just call this game a SCAM!

7. Alexa says:

I need #112, if anyone has it, please e-mail me!!! We can work something out :)

8. Shiro says:

Hi people’s I have all pieces except, Boardwalk, Pennyslvania, Marvin Gardens, Kentucky Ave, Tennessee Ave, Virgini Ave, Vermont Ave and Shortline. Willing to split 50/50 if someone has on of this.

Thanks

9. Anonymous says:

Thanks for posting the important winnning pieces so I don’t collect the junky ones for no reason.

10. ANGELICA says:

Hey karmen, I still have Baltic Ave. #102. Are you interested?

11. kay says:

does any one have any of those pices we could wrk somthing out

12. Justin says:

Yeah Mcdonalds should do this more often i went to it today just for some peices lol

13. Edward says:

Just collected Park Place today. I am from Houston, TX

14. Kelly says:

I’m missing just a few of the pieces and mostly the rare ones. Here’s what I have *:

Short Line Railroad ($500 prize, 750 prizes)
    *B&O railroad(#125) – 2
    *Pennsylvania Railroad(#124) – 2
    *Reading Railroad(#123) – 3
    Vermont Avenue ($1,000 prize, 125 prizes)
    *Connecticut(#105) – 2
    Virginia Ave($2000 prize, 75 prizes)
    *St. Charles(#106) – 1
    *States(#107) – 3
    Tennessee ($5,000 prize for 10 ppl)
    *St James Place(#109) – 1
    *New York(#111) – 1
    Kentucky Avenue ($10,000 prize, 6 prizes)
    *Illinois(#114) – 2
    *Indiana(#113) – 1
    Ventnor Avenue (8 people will win $25,000)
    *Marvin Garden(#117) – 1
    Pennsylvania Avenue ($50,000 prize, 4 prizes)
    *North Carolina(#119) – 2
    *Pacific(#118) – 2
    Boardwalk ($1 million dollar prize, 1 prizes)
    Park Place(#121) – 2

Let me know if you have anything you want to put together!

15. Edward says:

I have so far:

Park Place – #121
    North Carolina – #119
    Marvin Gardens – #117
    Indiana – #113, Illinois – #114
    New York – #111, St James – #109
    States Ave. – #107
    Oriental – #103, Connecticut – #105
    RR – #123, 124, 125
    Baltic – #102

16. lavares1 says:

i have park place for anybody close to Va

• Golden Fox says:

I’m in VA. But why would I need park place? I don’t understand….I have boardwalk.

• Marissa says:

DO YOU REALLY HAVE BOARDWALK?
        ARE YOU WILLING TO MAKE A DEAL WITH ME?

• Marissa says:

HEY GOLDEN FOX
        NOT SURE IF YOU ARE REALLY MAKING A DEAL WITH ASIA OR NOT BUT IM SURE IM IN MORE NEED AS I JUST DISCOVERED THIS MORNING THAT IM PREGNANT.
        I WILL COME TO YOU IN ORDER TO MAKE THIS DEAL, I CAN HAVE A LEGAL CONTRACT MADE FOR BOTH OF US TO SIGN. lETS JUST GET THIS MONEY.
        CALL ME 253-267-3729 PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

• lavares1 says:

you have to have those two pieces to win Golden Fox and i have it,and I’m also in VA so let’s talk and split the 1,000,000.my email address is lavares1@aol.com. HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON.I’ll be waiting

• lavares1 says:

b/c you have to have 121 122 to win and i have park place 121 and I’m in VA as well SO LETS MAKE AN DEAL AND GET THIS MONEY:)AND WE BOTH CAN GET OUR OWN BUSSINES GOING FOR OURSELF AND OUR KIDS WILL BE GOOD IF YOU HAVE ANY.

17. Mclovin says:

i NEED pennslyvania ave thats the green property anyone have it
    ???? willing to negociate

18. Bernard says:

I have Marvin Garden and Atlantic Ave I’m missing Ventnor Ave. If any one in Alberta,Canada has it, let me know we can work things out.
    I also have Parkplace if anyone is looking for it too.

19. Cherrice says:

To anyone that has board walk I will would so willing to only take 25% out of that deal. Lets make a deal!!

20. nikia901 says:

I’ve been reading a few of the comments that are posted and all that I have to add is that I’m addicted to MCD but if anyone is interested I have plenty of codes that I’m willing to part with seeing as how my chances of winning are slim to none after reading all about the scams of MCD so here they are:
    Reading Railroad #123 (2)
    Pennsylvania Railroad #124 (3)
    B&O Railroad #125 (2)
    States Avenue #107 (4)
    St. Charles Place #104 (2)
    New York Avenue #111 (2)
    St. James Place #109 (5)
    North Carolina Avenue #119 (2)
    Pacific Avenue #118 (3)
    Illinois Avenue #114 (3)
    Indiana Avenue #113 (2)
    Connecticut Avenue #105 (3)
    Oriental Avenue #103 (1)
    Baltic Avenue #102 (2)
    Park Place #121 (5)
    Atlantic Avenue #115 (2)
    Marvin Gardens #117 (2)

21. Golden Fox says:

Hey. I have boardwalk. But, I don’t understand this game. So, we need all the game peices to collect the prize? I thought the game just works like redeeming the free food. You get the winning stamp and that’s it. Redeem your stuff! I just want what I’m entitled to. Did I really win?

• Asia says:

Hey may be me and u could make a deal I have park place… Maybe we can go 40/50… We need to get in contact I will give u my email …

• Asia says:

Where are u from golden fox

• Golden Fox says:

I’m in VA. Where are you? So, we have to have other pieces to win?

• Asia says:

Becuz u have to have boardwalk and park place to win the money

• Golden Fox says:

Oh! I didn’t know that! I guess I just lucked out! So, what happens…I get a park place piece and then what? Is there an 1-800 number on the back of your stamp? I’ll have to check mine. I don’t remember seeing one.

• Asia says:

U need to have both pieces that’s why I didn’t call….u need park place and I need boardwalk ….. That’s why I ask u if u want to work something out

• Golden Fox says:

Yeah. That’s sounds good. Shoot me an email and we can talk later. I’m at work. :)

• Asia says:

I will do the same… have a blessed day and let’s stay in contact… Talk to u later …

• Asia says:

I’m from jersey .. If u have boardwalk all u need is park place.. That’s the one I have..

• Kierra says:

Hey, I have 2 PARK PLACE PIECES, and I am willing to only take 20%. ANY BODY WANTING TO DO BUSINESS, CALL ME 785 338-0474. MY NAME IS KIERRA AND IM IN KANSAS.

22. Marissa says:

I have park place
    LOOKING FOR BOARDWALK.
    Will make contract and negotiate.
    Call me 253-267-3729

23. jessica Geer says:

If anyone wants to split. We are a familyt of 5 and are now living in a travel trailer because of the 07 floods in nirth texas. My husband works full time and – am a freelance artist. We are not bums just had some bad luck last few years. If anyone who really has boardwwalk and wants to split majorly in their favor we need 5k to put a down payment on our house! Thank you full. I have all the commons… Boo

24. Chelle says:

New York Ave
    Illinois
    North Carolina
    Reading RR
    B&O RR
    St James

I have multiples of most of these.
    PS. My friend’s daughter won $2500 last year on the game.

25. Phil says:

I have PARK PLACE

Looking for BOARDWALK,

I guarantee you the best profit anyone will offer,

lets talk -