Personal Finance
comments

How To Win McDonald’s Monopoly Game (2009)

McDonalds Monopoly Game PieceMacDonald’s Monopoly game has started for 2010!

McDonald’s announced that this year’s Monopoly game will start on October 6th and end on November 2nd. If you go now before the game starts, you can get a pre-promotion code good for one property and entry into their pre-promotion contest.

Every year McDonald’s runs its very popular Monopoly game where you get a Monopoly property sticker/game piece with selected items. If you get all the properties in a color group, you get to win that cash prize. In addition to these properties, you can get instant win stickers as well for free Wi-Fi time, or gift cards, or McDonald’s products. The cash prizes range from $50 up to $1 million!

The secret to winning the game is in understanding how it works. McDonald’s sets up the game so that it controls the number of ten critical pieces. Those pieces happen to be the last property, when listed alphabetically, for each color group (except Boardwalk). If you get one of these rare pieces, you’ve basically won that prize.

2009 Game Pieces & Prizes

For 2009, the rare pieces (and the prize you can win with that color group) are:

• Mediterranean Avenue ($50 prize, 2000 prizes)
  • Short Line Railroad ($500 prize, 750 prizes)
  • Vermont Avenue ($1,000 prize, 125 prizes)
  • Virginia Avenue ($2,000 prize, 75 prizes)
  • Tennessee Avenue ($5,000 prize, 10 prizes)
  • Kentucky Avenue ($10,000 prize, 6 prizes)
  • Ventnor Avenue ($25,000 prize, 8 prizes)
  • Pennsylvania Avenue ($50,000 prize, 4 prizes)
  • Golden Avenue ($100K prize)*
  • Boardwalk ($1 million dollar prize, 1 prizes)

The pieces are included on the following products:

• Angus Burgers
  • Chicken McNuggets (10 or 20 piece)
  • Large Fries
  • Medium & Large Drinks
  • Large Hot McCafe Drinks
  • Hash Browns

The key is finding the rare pieces. You can take advantage of the Internet to find people willing to sell or trade rare pieces to complete a set (which is against the rules of the game). Websites like the Fatwallet Forums are a great resource to meet other players.

Cheapest Monopoly Game Pieces

The best value item to get are the hash browns, which cost anywhere from $0.80 to $1.00 in most stores and yield two game pieces. It may be cheaper, and faster, than sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope ($0.88 for two first-class stamps) to get the free pieces (instructions) below.

The healthiest option, if you plan on consuming the product, is probably a large coffee. :)

Free Monopoly Game Pieces

How do you get the pieces for free? You can mail away for them by sending a “legibly handwritten, self-addressed, stamped envelope with your address (first and last name, street address, city, state, and zip or postal code) to:

2009 MONOPOLY at McDonald’s Game Piece Request
P.O. Box 49189
Strongsville, OH 44149-0189

Instant Win Prizes

In addition to the property prizes, there are a number of instant win prizes:

• Food Prizes – Medium French Fries, any Large Beef Sandwich, any Breakfast Extra Value Meal®, Small McFlurry® or Fruit ‘N Yogurt Parfait, Small Soft Drink or Small Hot Premium Roast Coffee (excluding McCafe®), and any Breakfast Sandwich.
  • Fifty Dollars – There are 5,000 of these prizes available, you get a check for $50.
  • Fifty Dollar Arch Card® ($50) – There are 200 of these prizes available.
  • Xbox 360 Game System – There are 3,000 of these prizes available, but you will only get these off an order of large fries or Angus burger.
  • $500 Shell Gift Card – There are 100 of these prizes available.
  • $25,000 Dollars – Finally, there are eight $25,000 prizes available.

I don’t know how likely it is that you’ll get a rare game piece, or a really good instant win game piece, for free through the mail, but you never know!

Good luck!

(Photo: sundazed)

287 Responses to “How To Win McDonald’s Monopoly Game (2009)”

1. GOLDEN FOX says:

Does anyone need Park Place? I’ll share if you’ll share. :)

2. Crystal says:

I have North Carolina and Pacific Avenues…I need Pennsylvania…

3. me says:

Hey if anyone wants to trade or just wants any of these, let me know, these are the properties i have and how many of each
    ~~~GREEN~~~
    ~~~BROWN~~
    Baltic Ave – 2

4. holagurrl25 says:

I have Pennsylvania Avenue
    holagurrl25 @ hotmail . com

5. you people says:

Ok you sweapers. Not to be mean but seriously, do you think that your going to win? Best thing to go for is the XBOX. All your game pieces you have don’t mean s***. Enter them online and hope for the best. The game pieces you have, 1,000,000 other people have the samething. Quit wasting your time, its great you have a hobby but holy crap get a clue. Just realize the only way you might win is online and thats barly nothing. Just please let it go. Go play blackjack or poker or slot machines. Atleast you have entertainment.

6. Dean B says:

Well, I’ve won 50 coke points playing on-line. I cashed them in for two coupons for 20oz products today. But that is all I’ve won.

7. Hellen says:

I live in NY, Long Island and I have many stamps of Monopoly Game. I have 5 of the same stamps to win $1,000,000 and many others for the rest. If you are serious about it and also have many stamps to exchange let me know.
    Thanks !

Hellen

• Kelly says:

Do you have any of the winning piece in those five?…Like Boardwalk, Penn Avenue etc…there are rare codes and common codes….do u have any rare codes?

• Edwin says:

Hey Hellen,
      i need #120 Pennsylvania Ave.
      we’ll split 50-50
      Thanks

8. Jemsmith says:

I have park place..if you have boardwalk, i’ll take 100,000 and you take the rest..anyone?

9. ya won't believe me but... says:

i have found two boardwalk pieces on the same large fry

10. not a moron like most of you says:

Every person in the entire freakin blog who is trying to trade pieces are INCREDIBLY STUPID, the thing I cannot figure out tho is Who is dumber, the people that say they have boardwalk or the ones who actually believe them and try to trade? I feel dumber just from scrolling through this crap for the last 5 min. Those of you who think along the same lines and have voiced their opinion, thank you for showing some common sense and intelligence.

11. nicole says:

mother age 22 and 5 children 3 girls and 2 boy i had my first at 17 and every year after my oldest is 4 and youngest is 8 months old if anyone has boardwalk and will just share i have park place 5 of them all i am asking for is a house for me and my kids and a cheep mini van off craigslist not a high priced house i also have 3 rail roads need short line but looking for high winnings to give my kids a better home to live and to get them back i have dcf in my life and all i need is a stable living for 6 months i have not had that for a while the house i rent forclosed on my landlord so i move to a friends for a little bit in one room now i have split my kids up sent twins to my uncles and my older girls to my aunts they cant really afford them i have my baby with me but all im asking is for a house even if it is a fixer upper and a cheep van and you can keep the rest of the money im not asking for any more of it email me if you have the other game peace papajohnsangel06@aol.com thank you for reading please dont email me to bagger me i get that enough i had 5 kids because i wanted 5 i want a big family it is just me and my kids and i like it that way every man i have been with turn out to not like my kid or turn out going to jail for something stupid or just leave me so i can say i love my kids and i am happy to be given the gift to have them

12. cara says:

i have park place, i am looking for someone with boardwalk. i am looking for a 70/30 split. I am only seeking 300k of the winnings. email me if interested. i live in new jersey. thanks.

13. Well well well says:

if someone actually had any of the winning pieces, they’d be so stupid to traid!! There are are million of the other pieces and if you were only to have Virginia Avenue ($2,000 prize) then it is still worth spending $20 bucks to find the other two pieces and you would find them because they are that common!! Why would you try to find someone to trade with?? common sense is NOT COMMON!!

14. Connor Johnson says:

This is such a bummer. Does anybody know if it has always been Boardwalk as the rare piece?? because I legitimately remember getting a boardwalk years ago and threw it away because i figured it was a dud. This makes me want to cry, I could have had such a better life.

15. Jacob says:

I have park place does anyone have #122 boardwalk?
    I would be happy to spilt 50/50.

16. tod says:

I have park place #121…I do not play game..

17. Anonymous says:

I have boardwalk and park place is anyone willing to split it with me I’ll meet you half way

18. Marcus says:

Just a word of “caution” …okay, two words – second being “wisdom”.

Firstly, most importantly, I GUARANTEE that the person who gets boardwalk or any of the other elusive & valuable tickets WILL NOT be posting their good news here. Nor will they be on this site or any other looking for the ‘easy to come by’ match(s). So please be understanding of the lack of character, quality that is, with which you’ll be dealing with.

After scanning through these posts I wasnt sure whether to get sick by how naive so many are or if I just say “oh that makes sense”, with my best guess being that most must be ages 9 to 14. (which would match best with what I’ve seen that has been written.)

Advice to you youngsters out there …. to everyone for that matter – research these words (which means to actually go and look these up – dictionary.com is a great place) WISDOM, NAIVE and CAUTION and then choose exactly how you’re going to live your life (be it pertaining to a silly game like this one or the big/real game of life itself. (…the unfortunate aspect/truth is that we’ll then have to deal with losers, liars, manipulators, etc. in all cases).

Be loyal! (firstly to yourself)
    Be a leader! (which you will be by doing the 1st thing)
    **Seek the Sensational and therefore be SPECTACULAR!

(** this one unfortunately can only apply to those who are willing to dream, work hard and NOT follow the majority. (look closely at everyone in your life – friends, even family as tough as that will be and what is it that you see? Now it’s your choice who are you going to be like? Who would you allow your children to follow?

May this grab hold of at least one of you as confirmation to things that have been stirring inside of you for a while now. This IS your time!! :)

19. burgerboy says:

As soon as one of you guys get together and make a deal, McDonald’s will void your pieces because it is against the rules to do what you are doing…your only option is to play fair.

20. Ace says:

burgerboy ur wrong. I have boardwalk and got together with some1 on here and we r gonna slit the million

• Cherrice says:

Hi Ace I have park place and I’m more than willing to only take 150 thousand of the million. If your game. Let make something happen.

21. burgerboy says:

Good Luck With That Ace,but don’t count on it!

22. gamerdude says:

i just won xbox 360. got the game piece from my fries.. lol what do i do now?

23. Lisa says:

Anybody got Ventnor Avenue? I have the other 2 pieces. Will split the $25,000 with you evenly.

24. LTY says:

quit the scamming you insidious creatures.
    If you have 2 other pieces or a piece that is not pivotal (refer to the article) you can just forget abt splitting SHIT.
    that guy who has the pivotal piece can get whatever you have EASILY and no way in hell is he gonna split anything.

Henceforth, stop embarassing yourselves with your ‘cunning’ plans.

25. NateUVM says:

Wow. This isn’t even a comment forum anymore.