Personal Finance
2,008
comments

How To Win McDonald’s Monopoly Game (2010)

McDonalds Monopoly Game PieceMacDonald’s Monopoly game for 2010 has ended but here is the latest McDonald’s Monopoly guide!

McDonald’s announced that this year’s Monopoly game will start on October 5, 2010 and end on November 1, 2010 (official rules)

Every year McDonald’s runs its very popular Monopoly game where you get a Monopoly property sticker/game piece with selected items. If you get all the properties in a color group, you get to win that cash prize. In addition to these properties, you can get instant win stickers as well for free Wi-Fi time, Wal-Mart gift cards, McDonald’s food, and even a 2011 Shelby. The cash prizes range from $5 up to $1 million!

The secret to winning a prize in the McDonald’s Monopoly Game is to understand how the game works. McDonald’s is pretty savvy about how they setup the game. You win prizes when you collect all the properties in a particular color group. They control the number of prizes by limiting one of the properties, usually the last property listed alphabetically, and the key is to find those “rare” pieces.

2010 Rare Game Pieces & Prizes

For 2010, the rare pieces are:

• Mediterranean Avenue ($50 prize, 5000 prizes)
  • Vermont Avenue ($100 prize, 1500 prizes)
  • Virginia Avenue ($200 SpaWish® Gift Certificate, 250 prizes)
  • Tennessee Avenue ($1,000 prize, 250 prizes)
  • Kentucky Avenue (Beaches Resorts – The Luxury Included® 4 Day/3 Night Family Vacation for two adults & two children 15 years or under, 122 prizes)
  • Short Line Railroad (EA SPORTS Trip, 8 prizes)
  • Ventnor Avenue ($25,000 prize, 5 prizes)
  • Pennsylvania Avenue ($50,000 prize, 4 prizes)
  • Boardwalk ($1 million dollar prize, 2 prizes)

If you’re curious, the $1 million top prize isn’t lump sum. It’s a $50,000 annual payment for 20 years.

The pieces (which include two “stamps”) are included on the following products: Medium Fountain Drinks; Medium and Large Hot McCafés; Medium and Large Cold McCafé including Smoothies and Frappés (excludes McCafé Shakes); Hash Browns; Big Mac; 10-piece Chicken McNuggets®, McGriddles, and Filet-O-Fish. Individuals who purchase 20-piece Chicken McNuggets® or Large Fries specially-marked packaging will receive two (2) Game Pieces (4 stamps).

As always, you can always do a little horsetrading to get the pieces that you need. Remember, if you get a rare piece, you’re pretty much set. People will try to negotiate using common pieces (Park Place is pretty much worthless, since you need the uber-rare Boardwalk piece… if you have that, you can easily negotiate down someone with Park Place since it’s worthless without you). If you need a place to trade, I’ve always suggested a place like Fatwallet Forums.

Cheapest Monopoly Game Pieces

The cheapest item on the menu that offers game pieces are the hash browns. For an average of a dollar, you get two game pieces and it is slightly cheaper, and faster, than mailing in a self-addressed, stamped envelope ($0.88 for two stamps). Some people have had success just buying the game pieces without the food… since you probably don’t want to be eating a stack of has browns as a breakfast.

As for the healthiest option, I’d go with a cup of coffee or any one of their other coffee-like products.

Free Monopoly Game Pieces

As I alluded to before, you can always get game pieces for free. Send a “legibly handwritten, self-addressed, stamped envelope with your address (first and last name, street address, city, state, and zip or postal code) to:

2010 MONOPOLY Game at McDonald’s Game Piece Request
P.O. Box 49229
Strongsville, OH 44149-0229

Instant Win Prizes

In addition to the awesome property prizes, there are a number of instant win prizes. Some of these I wasn’t really a big fan of, they seem more like trial subscriptions than a “prize” that you’ve won. I’ll let you decide:

• Food Prizes – Medium French Fries, any Large Beef Sandwich, any Breakfast Extra Value Meal®, Small McFlurry® or Fruit ‘N Yogurt Parfait, Small Soft Drink or Small Hot Premium Roast Coffee (excluding McCafe®), and any Breakfast Sandwich.
  • Three (3)-Month Pogo.com™ Subscription
  • EA SPORTS™ video game
  • Twenty Snapfish® Photo Prints – With 4,000,000 of these prizes, this prize is the second most common prize.
  • Wal-Mart Gift Card – Several prizes are Wal-Mart gift cards ranging in value from $5 (966k winners) to $5,000 (10 winners).
  • Free RedBox Rental – There are 1,350,000 of these and this is the third most common instant win prize, with your chances at 1 in 405.
  • Fifty Dollars – There are 4,000 of these prizes available, you get a check for $50.
  • Five hundred Dollars – There are 500 of these prizes available, you get a check for $500.
  • EA SPORTS Ultimate Game Room
  • Xbox 360 Game System – There are 3,000 of these prizes available, but you will only get these off an order of large fries or Angus burger.
  • $10,000 Dollars – Four $10,000 prizes available.
  • $25,000 Dollars – Four $25,000 prizes available.
  • 2011 Shelby GT500 – Last but not least, there are two cars.

It doesn’t hurt to try and I don’t know how likely it is that you’ll snag a Shelby through the mail… but good luck!

(Photo: sundazed)

{ 2,008 comments, please add your thoughts now! }

2,008 Responses to “How To Win McDonald’s Monopoly Game (2010)”

1. Tiffany Long says:

ATTN!!!

IF YOU HAVE VETNOR AVE, I WILL SPLIT
    THE WINNINGS 60/40 (you get BIGGER amt cuz it’s rarer!)

I’m a self-sufficient college student DIRELY in need of financial support. I’m honest and will give what’s due to you!!!

Contact e: 239.220.7870 or tlong020890@ufl.edu

3 days left!!

• Not that Stupid says:

Smoke another one!!! You ain’t all that!!!

• fred says:

Are you idiot? Everyone has 2/3 Sticker. If someone pick up the rare one they already have the other and dont need your help on common sticker.

2. Jenna says:

I have park place : D
    What can I do with it???

• TRA says:

Nuthin. It’s not that rare. I have Park Place too. You need Boardwalk to win the big prize and only 2 pieces exist–out there somewhere. The better chances are that those pieces will end up not being found or trashed. Sad, but true.

3. natasha says:

if you have pacific ave or ventor i will split with you i’m in dire need of some money just graduated college and waiting on my license application that is taking forever. I would realy appriciate it!!!! thanks

4. Parkplace says:

i have the Parkplace game piece contact me at lilthjickies727@yahoo.com I only want $280,000.oo………………

5. Johnny says:

I have Atlantic Ave. and Marvin Gardens game pieces, anyone with the last piece, we can split the prize…email apostlejay2008@aim.com

6. BridgetEatingMcD's2Win says:

ATTN McNonopoly Gamers:

McDonalds has geniuses (with papers declaring them as one) putting these games together on our food and online..they have a very thought out system and trust me! they hand deliver these higher payout game pieces directly to the Mcdonalds store of their choice.
    So why I find this can be fun in exciting waiting to find 1 ball point pen in a ocean..I know I will NEVER WIN nothing but more food from McDonalds..and i’ll probably never loose this weight i gaining playing just about everyday just to get a game PIECE.

*Please ALL be careful..it is just a game but a very thought out potentially lethal one*

~~~Thank You McDonalds Top Brainiacs–you have a very profitable selling strategy~~

BridgetEatingMcD’s2Win~

7. Whores says:

i have your mom in a cup if u want her back i demand $1,000,000

8. Jonathat Edwin says:

I got Ventnor Ave. How do I claim my prize.

9. einstein says:

You posters are less than smart. If anybody has the rare ticket all they have to do is walk into McD’s and purchase $100 worth of food to get the non-rare pieces. Better yet just dumpster dive :)

10. Holly says:

I need boardwalk, have several park places. Will split 60/40! You get the bigger half. I am a college student looking for a way to pay off my huge amounts of student loans. Please e-mail me if you are interested. I also need shortline and ventnor. Also willing to split the prize. Thanks!
    Holly
    hndesche@imail.iu.edu

11. Jt says:

I have all 3 green pieces where can get the prize

12. Osvaldo says:

Hi guys i have one request for boardwalk and if you reply i will give you
    pacific ave.767
    Atlantic avenue.764
    Marvin gardens. 766
    Beaches vacation. 762,763
    New york avenue. 758
    St.james place. 760
    Oriental avenue 752, 754
    and more just give me boardwalk.

13. Eddy says:

I need Virginia Ave & Ventnor Ave. Oh yea and Boardwalk.

14. Amanda says:

So, I have all the orange pieces, except tennessee avenue. If anyone has it, i will split the winnings with you 50/50.

15. Anonymous says:

IF ANYONE THAT HAS THESE EMAIL ME, WE WILL SHARE THE PRIZES: mondle@hotmail.com

16. siddharth says:

i have a 25000 win from marvin gardners what should i do with that

17. siddharth says:

what should i do with marvins gardens 25,000 win

18. candace henry says:

i have won so should i do

19. Antwoine says:

Hi.I got Baltic Avenue #751. Does anyone got Baltic Avenue #750? If so,contact me at 757-604-4852. We’ll split the small profit.

20. Francisco Rivera says:

I have Boardwalk need Park place mataquaz281@live. thanks

21. feeling cheated says:

I live in Ridgecrest,CA and I received a game piece once and that was on the hash brown. My medium drinks as well as my husbands never had a game piece. Something fishy is going on at our McDonalds and I only tried the internet today to see what products were supposed to have these game pieces….anyone else being denied access to game pieces????

• Catey says:

I think each store is only supplied with a certain amount of cups, papers, etc w/ game pieces and once they run out that’s it

• Slightly Stoned says:

I’ve had the same thing happen at several different locations.. on my food..but no cups :( and I’m from Jersey..

22. daniel says:

I just need pennsylvaniaave i have the rest

Kakarotxiv@gmail.com

23. bonnie dahl says:

I’m very ticked OFF that you say the game goes till Nov. 1st put all the McD’s in my area ran out of play pieces on the 25th, and when i went to yet another store yesterday and asked about the play pieces the girl was a little nasty.
    I think the game is unfair and i was not the only one in line who thought so.

24. ty says:

I Need:
    Kentucky Ave
    Boardwalk
    Virginia Ave
    Ventor Ave
    Pennsylvania Ave
    Vermont Ave

I have:
    St. James Place
    Baltic Ave

Call me 803-920-0401

25. Anonymous says:

i am willing to trade all my pieces for a boardwalk!