Personal Finance
2,008
comments

How To Win McDonald’s Monopoly Game (2010)

McDonalds Monopoly Game PieceMacDonald’s Monopoly game for 2010 has ended but here is the latest McDonald’s Monopoly guide!

McDonald’s announced that this year’s Monopoly game will start on October 5, 2010 and end on November 1, 2010 (official rules)

Every year McDonald’s runs its very popular Monopoly game where you get a Monopoly property sticker/game piece with selected items. If you get all the properties in a color group, you get to win that cash prize. In addition to these properties, you can get instant win stickers as well for free Wi-Fi time, Wal-Mart gift cards, McDonald’s food, and even a 2011 Shelby. The cash prizes range from $5 up to $1 million!

The secret to winning a prize in the McDonald’s Monopoly Game is to understand how the game works. McDonald’s is pretty savvy about how they setup the game. You win prizes when you collect all the properties in a particular color group. They control the number of prizes by limiting one of the properties, usually the last property listed alphabetically, and the key is to find those “rare” pieces.

2010 Rare Game Pieces & Prizes

For 2010, the rare pieces are:

• Mediterranean Avenue ($50 prize, 5000 prizes)
  • Vermont Avenue ($100 prize, 1500 prizes)
  • Virginia Avenue ($200 SpaWish® Gift Certificate, 250 prizes)
  • Tennessee Avenue ($1,000 prize, 250 prizes)
  • Kentucky Avenue (Beaches Resorts – The Luxury Included® 4 Day/3 Night Family Vacation for two adults & two children 15 years or under, 122 prizes)
  • Short Line Railroad (EA SPORTS Trip, 8 prizes)
  • Ventnor Avenue ($25,000 prize, 5 prizes)
  • Pennsylvania Avenue ($50,000 prize, 4 prizes)
  • Boardwalk ($1 million dollar prize, 2 prizes)

If you’re curious, the $1 million top prize isn’t lump sum. It’s a $50,000 annual payment for 20 years.

The pieces (which include two “stamps”) are included on the following products: Medium Fountain Drinks; Medium and Large Hot McCafés; Medium and Large Cold McCafé including Smoothies and Frappés (excludes McCafé Shakes); Hash Browns; Big Mac; 10-piece Chicken McNuggets®, McGriddles, and Filet-O-Fish. Individuals who purchase 20-piece Chicken McNuggets® or Large Fries specially-marked packaging will receive two (2) Game Pieces (4 stamps).

As always, you can always do a little horsetrading to get the pieces that you need. Remember, if you get a rare piece, you’re pretty much set. People will try to negotiate using common pieces (Park Place is pretty much worthless, since you need the uber-rare Boardwalk piece… if you have that, you can easily negotiate down someone with Park Place since it’s worthless without you). If you need a place to trade, I’ve always suggested a place like Fatwallet Forums.

Cheapest Monopoly Game Pieces

The cheapest item on the menu that offers game pieces are the hash browns. For an average of a dollar, you get two game pieces and it is slightly cheaper, and faster, than mailing in a self-addressed, stamped envelope ($0.88 for two stamps). Some people have had success just buying the game pieces without the food… since you probably don’t want to be eating a stack of has browns as a breakfast.

As for the healthiest option, I’d go with a cup of coffee or any one of their other coffee-like products.

Free Monopoly Game Pieces

As I alluded to before, you can always get game pieces for free. Send a “legibly handwritten, self-addressed, stamped envelope with your address (first and last name, street address, city, state, and zip or postal code) to:

2010 MONOPOLY Game at McDonald’s Game Piece Request
P.O. Box 49229
Strongsville, OH 44149-0229

Instant Win Prizes

In addition to the awesome property prizes, there are a number of instant win prizes. Some of these I wasn’t really a big fan of, they seem more like trial subscriptions than a “prize” that you’ve won. I’ll let you decide:

• Food Prizes – Medium French Fries, any Large Beef Sandwich, any Breakfast Extra Value Meal®, Small McFlurry® or Fruit ‘N Yogurt Parfait, Small Soft Drink or Small Hot Premium Roast Coffee (excluding McCafe®), and any Breakfast Sandwich.
  • Three (3)-Month Pogo.com™ Subscription
  • EA SPORTS™ video game
  • Twenty Snapfish® Photo Prints – With 4,000,000 of these prizes, this prize is the second most common prize.
  • Wal-Mart Gift Card – Several prizes are Wal-Mart gift cards ranging in value from $5 (966k winners) to $5,000 (10 winners).
  • Free RedBox Rental – There are 1,350,000 of these and this is the third most common instant win prize, with your chances at 1 in 405.
  • Fifty Dollars – There are 4,000 of these prizes available, you get a check for $50.
  • Five hundred Dollars – There are 500 of these prizes available, you get a check for $500.
  • EA SPORTS Ultimate Game Room
  • Xbox 360 Game System – There are 3,000 of these prizes available, but you will only get these off an order of large fries or Angus burger.
  • $10,000 Dollars – Four $10,000 prizes available.
  • $25,000 Dollars – Four $25,000 prizes available.
  • 2011 Shelby GT500 – Last but not least, there are two cars.

It doesn’t hurt to try and I don’t know how likely it is that you’ll snag a Shelby through the mail… but good luck!

(Photo: sundazed)

{ 2,008 comments, please add your thoughts now! }

2,008 Responses to “How To Win McDonald’s Monopoly Game (2010)”

1. Anonymous says:

Does anyone have pennyslvania ave? I really need the money for university!!! Reply back please!! I’ll give you $5000!!

2. wick says:

anyone have pennsylvania ave. #769? i have other 2 will split 60/40 your favor

3. josh says:

how about this….I have $10,000 cash I will give to someone that has boardwalk…. it will never happen. you guys are idios thinking you can trade commom pieces for the rares. and why would anyone who has a rare piece give you part of the prize simply because you have a commom piece. they could go and buy a few things and easily get one of the commom pieces they need instead of giving away their prize to you. idiots

4. Anonymous says:

I have Pacific avenue. if anyone else has pennsylvania ave. or north carolina ave, message me at austinschall123@yahoo.com

5. Ronald says:

Anyone have park place? I just got boardwalk I’m willing to split profits 50/50. e-mail me please only if you have park place!
    icantheplant@hotmail.com

6. anyone have park place #171, if so contact me at 646 436 6851, please lets split the profits

7. Taylor Wright says:

I have pieces 767 and 768 and i need 769 to win the $50,000 prize. If anyone has this piece I will split the prize with you equally. Contact me at twright32@student.clayton.edu for more info.

8. LUIS PACHECO says:

HEY EVERYONE:
    two days left.
    I have
    park place
    pacific ave
    atlantic and marvin
    indiana and illinois
    new york and st james place
    conneticut ave
    and 3 railroads reading b&o,pennsylvania
    lets split the money or prizes
    919-341-0073

9. Brian L. Saulsberry says:

I have Park Place. Willing to make a deal happen. My email is bsaulsberry@live.com or (901) 864 – 2515.

10. willa says:

Lets just post the codes off the tickets we have so we dont have to spit shit and we all say we won idk

11. Anonymous says:

I NEED A 769 GREEN FOR THE 50 GRAND! PLEEZ HELP

12. fred says:

STOP POSTING ” IF YOU HAVE _____ CALL ME I WILL SPLIT ” . Everyone has 2 / 3 stickers. Only rare vale something, then they do not need help if you have 2 / 3 He has had just ordered something at McDonald and the complete 3 / 3

13. jc says:

I HAVE PARK PLACE 770 GET AT ME

14. jc says:

ALSO HAVE NORTH CAROLINA 768

15. David Clarke says:

everyone i have:
    new york ave #760, st. james place #758, connecticut ave #754….i need #759. ill split the thousand dollars with you 50/50..atleast thats something.

hit me up dbclarke@umich.edu or 269 767 1614

16. David Clarke says:

I HAVE PARK PLACE PIECE….# 770.

HIT ME UP 269 767 1614…WE CAN MAKE A DEAL

17. DT says:

I have Park Place 770, apostolicseed@hotmail.com, will take less.

18. SMARTTYPANTS says:

I HAVE ALL THE SAME ONES EVERYONE ELSE HAS, I WANT TO SELL THEM.. THEY ARE NOT WORTHLESS, BUT CLOSE ENOUGH TO IT. BUT I WILL THROW IN A SMALL FRAPPE AND SNACK WRAP. IM THINKING THESE MUST BE WORTH AT LEAST $ 97.73. I WILL TAKE CASHIERS CHECK, AND WILL NOT SEND THEM TO YOU.

THANKS
    JUSAJOKA

19. zulma calderon says:

I need color yellow 764 and 765 please and i need color green 768 and 769 and color pink i need 757 and color orange i need 759 , 760 and i need color brown 750 please call me if you have a double number that we need please 1(714)7607686

20. Tate Bond says:

I have Penn and North Carolina. Email me please!
    tatebond@excite.com

thanks!

21. shakirah oubre says:

i have
    770 park place
    767 pacific avenue
    768 north carilonia
    766 marvin gardens
    764 atlantic avenue
    762 indiana avenue
    755 st charles place
    reading railroad 772
    pennsylvania railroad 773

22. winnerinohio says:

I have Pennsylvania Ave. I dont need anyones losing pieces. I’ll just go to mcd’s and buy em! Smell you later, losers! HAHA!

23. miguel rafael says:

hello i have the (north caroline ave # 768) if you need it please send me a email to win the 50 000 dollars thank you .

24. Anaiyah says:

Who wants to file a civil law suit against Mc Donalds- There are NO WINING pieces any where. I have my sources in many different states.

McDonalds Monopoly is a HOAX to buy more food from there establishment.

If so please prove us wrong Mc Donalds!!!!!