Waiting on some 1099’s? Yeah, me too. I think I have a few 1099 forms left from some affiliate programs I was a part of the last year. Advice from the IRS website said that I should wait until February 15th (today) and then give the sender a call if I haven’t received it by then.
But… I don’t actually need the form to complete my taxes because I don’t send them in. All I need need to know how much compensation is listed on the form (the exception is a 1099-R which tells you how much income tax was withheld) and I think I can just look that up.
The IRS website lists a handy guide to what 1099 is what too:
- Form 1099–B, Proceeds From Broker and Barter Exchange Transactions
- Form 1099–DIV, Dividends and Distributions
- Form 1099–INT, Interest Income
- Form 1099–MISC, Miscellaneous Income
- Form 1099–OID, Original Issue Discount
- Form 1099–R, Distributions from Pensions, Annuities, Retirement or Profit-Sharing Plans, IRAs, Insurance Contracts, etc.
- Form SSA–1099, Social Security Benefit Statement