IRS Might Pay You $600+ to File Your 2008 Taxes

Email  Print Print  

Did you file your taxes in 2008? If not, the IRS might have $600 with your name on it. The IRS says they have about a billion dollars of taxpayer dollars sitting in their coffers because people didn’t think to file their taxes that year. Half of them are for more than $600, because those people were eligible for the Recovery Rebate Credit.

There were a total of 111.7 million returns and with the average tax refund in 2008 at $2,728, according to the IRS statistics, so if you didn’t file in 2008, you probably should just to see if you were owed a few dollars.

Incidentally, having only $1 billion in taxpayer dollars is less than the $1.1 billion they reported the year before, so we’re doing a little better. While you’re at it, see if you’re due any missing money. I checked recently and found a small paycheck back in college (sadly only worth like $20, which was a princely sum in college).

{ 1 comments, please add your thoughts now! }

Related Posts

RSS Subscribe Like this article? Get all the latest articles sent to your email for free every day. Enter your email address and click "Subscribe." Your email will only be used for this daily subscription and you can unsubscribe anytime.

One Response to “IRS Might Pay You $600+ to File Your 2008 Taxes”

  1. govenar says:

    In related news, Publishers Clearing House has $1,000,000 for you (if you return the winning number).

Please Leave a Reply
Bargaineering Comment Policy

Previous Article: «
Next Article: »
Advertising Disclosure: Bargaineering may be compensated in exchange for featured placement of certain sponsored products and services, or your clicking on links posted on this website.
About | Contact Me | Privacy Policy/Your California Privacy Rights | Terms of Use | Press
Copyright © 2016 by All rights reserved.