It’s the weekend and it’s time to catch up on the pfblogosphere!
- Cynicism should have a place in your portfolio, says MBH (I agree).
- JLP gives suggestions on how to help a friend with finances when they aren’t asking for it. Personally, I say you shouldn’t unless it’s family because no one likes to be told that they’re screwing up (from your perspective) and you’re not responsible for your friend’s life. If they’re asking for help, definitely help. If they’re not, let them live their lives the way they want to.
- Win the lotto? Declare that income! Flexo takes a humorous look at some income declaration rules.
- Read about how Nickel’s estate plan is structured.
- FMF gives some hard numbers on the classic investing disclaimer: “Past Performance Does Not Predict Future Performance.”
- LAMoneyGuy wasn’t paid to attend a New Years Eve part, neither was I, but someone dropped a cool mil to get Paris Hilton to judge a Bikini Babe contest at the Bondi Icebergs Club. Man, save the mil, I’d do that for free.
- No spend day? Trish writes about a group that did a no spend year!
- Mapgirl writes about free coin counting at Chevy Chase banks, the outlets can’t do it, only the main branches; and you don’t even need an account. Avoid those Coinstar machines!