Credit
comments

MyFICO ScoreWatch No-Hassle Trial Cancellation

MyFICOI can’t remember the last time a company with a trial service reminded you that your trial period was expiring, but that’s exactly what MyFICO did.

What’s even better is that you can cancel the service online just by clicking on this link: https://www.myfico.com/scorewatch/cancelsw.aspx. You might be prompted to login but you can cancel the service entirely online. Once you click the cancel button on that page, your trial is canceled. You don’t have to talk to a customer service representative, you don’t have to wait on hold, you don’t have to deal with any shenanigans. They try to sell you their other products and they will do their best to try to change your mind, but you’re one click away from ending the trial.

I played around with ScoreWatch because of the free trial and it was pretty sweet. My myFICO ScoreWatch review captured all my thoughts but one positive aspect of ScoreWatch that I didn’t emphasize enough was how the application presented your credit data. If you get your free report from AnnualCreditReport.com, the government sponsored free report site, it’ll just be a list of your data. There’s no context, no explanation of what is good, what is bad, etc. With ScoreWatch, you get all of that explained to you. You are told what aspects of your report are dragging down your score, what aspects of your report are boosting your score, and how you stand versus others. It’s not absolutely crucial information but certainly nice to know and elegantly laid out.

As the month progressed, I was notified of any changes to my credit report. One of my American Express cards went from reporting a balance to reporting no balance. I had one other “event,” but it didn’t result in any change to my credit score. If you were thinking about getting an identity theft monitoring service, such as LifeLock, ScoreWatch could serve as a light version of identity theft protection because it notifies you of any changes. You don’t get the $1M guarantee or some of the other services but you do keep an eye on your report.

If you were tempted to try out myFICO’s ScoreWatch service, I can assure you that the trial is legit, that they remind you when it’s nearly over, and you can cancel online without any fuss.

10 Responses to “MyFICO ScoreWatch No-Hassle Trial Cancellation”

1. Thanks for sharing this. In my opinion, charging consumers without notifying them that their free trial is up is unethical. I’m glad to hear that some companies are moving away from this practice. Good for them.

2. That is great! Excellent customer service! Thank you for telling us about it.

Thanks,
    Nate

3. Alex says:

I had the same positive experience when I used myFICO. Also, there scenario calculator is by far the best tool they offer to understanding your credit situation. And the forums are phenomenal for getting real life tips from people that have learned the hard way.

To boot, there website is top notch and easy to use.

I highly recommend that anyone in the market for their credit score look into myFICO.com.

Last thing, I think it was Experian that stopped allowing myFICO to access credit scores, but in my experience the Equifax score is very comprable and TransUnion is always the higher of the three. So don’t fret about only being able to access two of the three.

Alex

4. TriedIt says:

I too tried the free trial period for me and my wife, separately. It was a very valuable service. And it was very easy to cancel.

My wish was to stay with it – but a drastic downturn in household net income caused cost cutting in many areas.

But I highly recommend it and I still receive newsletters that have ”meat” in them and are not pushy in any way to resign up.

And they do offer a free newsletter.

Even after 8 months I can still log into the site and visit the forums, just tried it and have not logged on since cancelled.

5. Louis says:

not a lot of places make it easy for you to cancel, i think I will give it a shot, can’t hurt right?

6. I think it’s very nice that the process for cancellation is made simple. Convenience is definitely good a thing.

7. thomas says:

My sister was late on a credit card payment. She didn’t even call and the statement had a line item “late fee cancellation”

now THAT’S amazing!

8. Anonymous says:

BE AWARE CUTOMERS!!!
    THEY DO NOT SEND YOU A REMINDER. THEY SAY IT UPFRONT FOR PEOPLE TO SIGN UP AND FORGET ABOUT IT. YOU DO NOT PAY ATTENTION WHEN THEY SAY THEY WILL REMIND YOU. SO CHANCES ARE YOU WILL FORGET THE DAYS TO CALL TO CANCEL. THIS IS SCAM.
    Also I learned this from other person’s report that it is not easy to cancel. read following report before you start the trial.
    “Cancellation with myFICO.com is VERY DIFFICULT. Beware. They are supposed to help people, but their system is geared toward generating more profit for the company, not helping the consumer.

If you sign up a myFICO.com account, BEWARE and watch your credit card charges carefully ! I DO NOT consider them a 100% reputable company.”

9. NO for myfico says:

“Cancellation with myFICO.com is VERY DIFFICULT. Beware. They are
    supposed to help people, but their system is geared toward generating
    more profit for the company, not helping the consumer.

If you sign up a myFICO.com account, BEWARE and watch your credit card
    charges carefully ! I DO NOT consider them a 100% reputable company.”

10. NO for myfico says:

THIS COMPANY DO NOT SEND A REMINDER.
    Please don’t recommend company who does not keep the promise. It is just a sales pitch. When I ask them to prove the e-mail they sent out to remind me for my trial, they said they do not keep the record and asked ME to prove that I did not receive the e-mail. OK, now how do I prove something that I did not receive?
    I found out that I am not the only one. There are other people who posted already that they didn’t receive the e-mail and they were charged regardless how unhappy they are with the services.