Every year, National Association of Personal Finance Advisors (NAPFA) and Kiplinger’s Personal Finance get together for their Jump-Start Your Retirement Plan Days , where you can talk to a fee-only advisors from NAPFA. It’s a pretty good resource if you take advantage of it, it’s not every day you can talk to a financial advisor for free without the pressure of them trying to sell you something (one reason why fee-only beats commissioned advisors).
NAPFA is putting together a NAPFA Consumer Education Series  they bill as:
… designed to help consumers across the country better understand personal financial matters. Presented by the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA), each session will be led by a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor who commits to the highest of standards in the financial planning industry. Many of our instructors are authors, educators and leaders in the industry.
The webinars are free and recorded, so you can watch them even if you can’t make the live broadcasts. The only benefit to watching it live is that you would be able to ask questions of the financial advisors. There are twelve sessions, each lasting one hour, from 1pm to 2pm Eastern time with the topics:
NAPFA Consumer Education Series Schedule
- Aug. 7, 2009: Money 101: Knowing the Basics
- Sept. 4, 2009: Kids & Money
- Oct. 2, 2009: What is Financial Planning?
- Nov. 6, 2009: Protecting What You Have
- Dec. 4, 2009: Investments: The Basics
- Jan. 8, 2010: Investments: Advanced Concepts
- Feb. 5, 2010: Managing Your 401(k)
- Mar. 5, 2010: Leaving a Legacy
- Apr. 2, 2010: Women and Money
- May 6, 2010: Financial Planning and Small Business Owners
- June 4, 2010: Your Retirement
- July 1, 2010: Financial Windfalls
It’s free and recorded, so you can watch it anytime, I don’t see why I wouldn’t check out a few of them to see how good they are. If you do watch some, please let me know what think in the comments (we’ll be away for the August 7th broadcast).