Banking
comments

National City – PNC Bank Overdraft Settlement

This is a reminder to anyone who may be eligible for a piece of the $12 million settlement (litigation Trombley v. National City Bank, No. 1:10-CV-232) that the deadline to submit a claim for those benefits is creeping up, you have a little over a month until the August 26th, 2011 deadline. If you haven’t excluded yourself (that deadline has passed, it was June 27th) then you might as well download the claim form and submit it, otherwise you’ll get nothing.

Who is eligible? “The Settlement offers payments to eligible people who paid Overdraft Fees on a National City deposit account between July 1, 2004 and August 15, 2010, whether or not such fees were charged before or after National City was merged into PNC, where the overdraft fees resulted from you using your bank card.”

How much will you get? “As long as there are sufficient funds available in the Settlement Fund, each Settlement Class Member who submits a valid claim will receive $36 for each eligible Overdraft Fee. If sufficient funds are available, Settlement Class Members may be paid up to three times this amount. If the total amount needed to pay valid claims exceeds funds available in the Settlement Fund, each Settlement Class Member’s payment will be reduced and paid in proportion to all Settlement Class Members’ payments.”

If you want more information, you can visit the website or call 1-866-960-5706.

62 Responses to “National City – PNC Bank Overdraft Settlement”

1. Rodney Elkins says:

i entered my information well before the deadline. Why have I not recieved any futher info???!

2. betty bowen says:

I would like to know when we are going to find out when we are going to get the money. I filled out the paper work well in advanced

3. C. Thomas says:

At least now I know Im not the only one wondering where the money is.

4. A. Shryock says:

I’m wondering myself what is going on here. why are there no updates? Can someone tell me where we stand at this point? Thanks~

5. when are we getting the money says:

where is my money

6. Angel says:

I too would like to know the current status of this claim. My husband and I filled out our paperwork the day we got the post card, months ago. Hearing was now more than 90 days ago, should we not have received our reimbursements by now?

• Lisa says:

I have tried to find out an update and have been unsuccessful. I read a blog saying that the most we will receive is $72.

7. Bryan says:

I called them about a week ago and they told me that they are finishing up the court case

8. Therese says:

I too have been trying to find out what is going on with this settlement. If $72 is all we get after the hundreds some of us were unfairly charged, that would be outrageous. The bank’s actions have cost me dearly. Needless to say, I am no longer a customer.

9. jack says:

where can I check status of my claim?

10. Lisa says:

I had filed claims on my husband and I and one for just myself and all so for just my husband. these are 3 differant accounts. this was done well over a year ago. we have moved sence then and e-mails have change. I have forwarded my address but, have not hard anything. I see that the law suit has been settled. why have I not received my settlement?

11. shelia stanfield says:

i have applied for the settlement but can not get a update on when i will recieve my part 2-12-12 getting very fustrated not being able to find any information on this matter

12. Anne says:

After legal and other fees and the fact that there are approximately 188,000 “timely claims” each person will likely receive less that even one overdraft fee of $36.

13. ALexis says:

I hvae def had some misuse in my account with national i=city, and beleive I am owed my money

14. ALexis says:

Ok after all of this is said and done what happends to the negative scores on our credit from this bank?

15. Meg says:

Where is our money !

16. Meg says:

UPDATED ON FEBRUARY 14, 2012 On February 14, 2012, Judge John D. Bates granted final approval to the settlement (the Memorandum Opinion and the Final Judgment can be viewed here).

All appeals of the Court’s Judgment have now been voluntarily dismissed. Pursuant to the Settlement Agreement, the settlement will become effective on February 23, 2012 and the Administrator can now move forward with the processing of claims. It is currently expected that payments will be mailed to eligible claimants by May 23, 2012.

Please continue to check this website for updates.

17. Anonymous says:

BOY IT IS TAKING SO LONG TO GET OUR MONEY I HOPE WE WILL GET WHAT IS RIGHTFULLY OWED TO US ALL WHEN I CALLED PNC BANK NO ONE AT THAT BANK HAD ANSWERS TO MY QUESTIONS WHAT A DAME SHAME GOOD LUCK TO ALL

18. Elizabeth says:

I sent an email to the administrator’s email because my address has changed and I updated my address with them. Today 4/25/2012, they informed me that National City still has to approve all of the claims. They still hope to have all money sent out by May 23rd.

19. fallon says:

i just got a $2700 check i thought i was grtting lasser but thats what i got thank u have a nice

20. Toni says:

I received a letter from them a couple months asking me to provide more information about my claim. I sent the information back to them. As of 5/21/12 I still have not received payment…..I sure hope it is soon as I could use the extra money!!

21. Anne says:

Has anyone received a payout yet?

22. Karen says:

called yesterday to the adminstrator, she stated check mailed out today, I can only hope

23. Shawn says:

@Meg. There are not links in your post for some reason. I to have not been paid yet and would like to be kept updated.

24. Casey says:

Well that deadline was today. I haven’t got anything yet. Hopefully soon.

25. frances perri says:

why just people in washington? if that is the case y did u send me forms to fill out. I live in Indiana. Maybe we should start a class action suit against u.