Bank Deals
comments

New ING Direct Electric Orange Checking Promo Code

$25 ING Direct New Account Promotion Self-ServeING Direct has been working hard to promote their checking accounts and their sweet $50 checking account bonus has returned once again.

The promotion is very simple, just go to the Electric Orange information page and click the orange “Apply Now” button. On the next page, click on “Continue” and put in E7NSTND into the reference code box. Complete the rest of the application.

When your account is opened, you’ll receive an Electric Orange Debit MasterCard. You need to use it in “3 signature-based purchases within 45 days of account opening” to qualify for the $50 bonus. On the 50th day, the bonus will be desposited. A signature-based purchase is one where you need to sign for the purchase, rather than use a PIN. In most cases, it means you need to select “Credit” (instead of debit) when asked.

If you want to add a little more juice to the promotion and you aren’t already an ING Direct customer, you can apply for a savings account first using an ING Direct referral first. That’ll get you $25 to start, then another $50 with this checking account bonus.

There’s no published expiration date.

15 Responses to “New ING Direct Electric Orange Checking Promo Code”

1. I signed up for an account recently, and so far, am very happy with it. They have a nice interface, and AWESOME customer service.

2. cdiver says:

Is this for new checking customers only our could you do it again?

3. aua868s says:

would there be a credit check (hard pull) for opening this account? Please advise if you know..thanks

• cdiver says:

I have never known of a bank doing a hard pull for a checking or savings account. Only for when they are issuing credit.

• aua868s says:

my credit union made a hard pull when i opened account (checking & saving) with them. this incident has made me wary of opening new accounts.

4. govenar says:

A few times per year they usually have better promos for a limited time that are more like $100.

5. echidnina says:

Excellent :) I signed up for my Electric Orange a good while back, on the same promotion. I love ING, have had nothing but good experiences with them.

• cdiver says:

Can you open new accounts everytime they offer this?

• echidnina says:

I doubt it, I’m pretty sure it’s a one-time only thing. I did get bonuses when I opened each of my three ING-linked accounts though: Orange savings, Electric Orange, and Sharebuilder.

6. moljacks says:

I think you can only get this bonus once.

ING has been an amazing bank, I highly recommend them!

7. jsbrendog says:

i get emails about this weekly. it is getting kind of frustrating.

• jsbrendog says:

from ing that is, not bargaineering obviously. i have had the savigns for a little over a yr but if i wanted a checking account i wouldve opened one. sheesh

8. FlyFisher says:

I LOVE my ING Savings account, and I am interested in getting an ING Checking account. Does anyone know how you would deposit checks received in hand? If there was a simple way to do that through the affiliated ATM machines that would make this a no brainer.

9. bung says:

Nice offer but you can not use paper checks with this checking account. I don’t use many these days, but sometimes they are needed…