General
comments

New Years Eve Plans?

Is anyone doing anything special this New Year’s Eve? The last few years I’ve kept it pretty quiet, hanging out at small house parties to welcome the new year, but this year we’re going all out! Actually, we’re doing our first “all you can drink” sort of party/benefit at The Leukemia &
Lymphoma Society in Washington, D.C setup by friends of a friend.

So, anyone have any exciting New Year’s Eve plans?

9 Responses to “New Years Eve Plans?”

1. Jeremy says:

We have been going to the big parties in the past but this year is much more low key. Just going to head to a friend who just bought a new house to see the house and watch the UFC fight tomorrow and then hang out with some old college buddies on sunday.

2. Debt Fighter says:

I’m a pretty boring guy when it comes to New Years. I think the “ball drop” is one of the more overrated, anti-climatic things in the world. To me, it’s just another midnight. I do like to celebrate the wiping of the slate for a new year, though.

3. Debt Hater says:

That sounds like fun! But broke as we are (and the fact that we procrastinated and didn’t plan anything) we’re going to make a fancy dinner ourselves at home and share some bubbly at midnight… that sounds pretty good actually!

4. Flexo says:

My girlfriend’s friend is having a bunch of people over her house… but if I don’t feel better by then we’re not going to go.

5. Nick says:

I think we’re going to a New Years Eve party for the first time ever. Usually I’m asleep by 11:45pm.

6. This is the first New Year’s Eve in several years that the boyfriend isn’t working, so we’ll probably take the opportunity to chill at home and feast on hors d’oeuvres. However, I should make an appearance at a local party since I designed the tickets and blogged about it.

That’s right Jim, I have a blog. Now you need a podcast.

7. Tim says:

My girlfriend and I met at a big party last year so this year we’re staying in. We went to Washington, DC for Christmas though, that was fun. Enjoy your New Years!

8. Tricia says:

We are pretty boring when it comes to parties and such. I had my fill in college :) We just stay home and sometimes we watch the ball drop on TV.

Hope you have a great time!

9. Anonymous says:

We have 4 kids and the youngest is 2. We aren’t going to do much, however, if anyone has ideas on entertaining my 4 kids at home as well as my 6 nieces and nephews please let me know. My family is targeting in on me to have a get-together…adults upstairs and kids downstairs..but I don’t really want my house trashed before going back to work on Monday!
    Sissy