Bank Deals
comments

PNC Checking Account $100 Bonus Promotion

PNC Bank LogoIf you’re looking for a new checking account and live in DC, DE, FL, IN, KY, MD, NJ, OH, PA or VA, they are running a $100 promotion for new PNC personal checking accounts. The requirements are slightly higher than your average checking account bonus promotion but not onerus. You need to open a qualifying checking account, setup a direct deposit, and make ten check card purchases with your new PNC Bank Visa check card. Your account will be credited with the $100 within 60 days of the direct deposit and ten purchases. The promotion ends April 30th, 2010 and you need to satisfy the conditions by June 30th, 2010.

PNC offers a free checking account with no minimum balance requirement, though your initial deposit must be $25 or more, and no monthly service charge plus they reimburse non-PNC Bank ATM fees if you have an average monthly balance over $2,000. You can see the schedule of fees here. Also, if you’re curious about deposit rates, they’re not great. At the moment, PNC’s deposit rates on certificates of deposit are below the nationally available best CD rates available.

Most promotions of this type are time based, not check card use based, which makes this promotion somewhat “easier.” More details are available on this promotion page.

12 Responses to “PNC Checking Account $100 Bonus Promotion”

1. zapeta says:

I can’t take advantage of this but thank you for posting it anyway.

2. HT says:

I just want to mention, and this could just be a transition issue, but I was a National City Bank customer before the purchase, and my quality of service has suffered. It may be that these issues will work themselves out with some time, but it’s also possible that long wait times, less than knowledgeable staff, and forms that take expert cryptographers to figure out are par for the course.
    -HT

• TO HT regarding confusion and customer satisfaction….I work for Chase, who was Bank One, and First USA…whenever there is a merger there is a lot of new , complication regarding any questions customers may have as far as the new polices are. They have to be looked up, and YOUR questions are THEIR ‘new’ questions too. It is very confusing due to some transaction polices are one banks, some the other…and so, the extra time and sound of ‘confusion’ Things change and everything is new for the reps too. Hope this helps you.

3. mikestreb says:

I am still a little salty with PNC. I owned a few NatCity shares that were gifted to me.. That didn’t end up well for ANY NatCity investors.

4. jsbrendog says:

i’m surprised there isn’t an option for new york. it is close enough to nj

5. coconuts81 says:

Under the “Schedule of Fees” for Maryland, Virginia & DC :

PNC Bank Visa Check Card and PNC Banking Card Fees –> “Banking Card linked to a checking account: $10 per year. This fee will be charged to your checking account on the date of the card opening, and annually on the anniversary date thereafter.”

The $100 bonus was a nice lure, but paying a fee to link my debit card to my checking account? No thanks, PNC!

• Unknown says:

This fee is for a BANK card, not a DEBIT card. Bank cards only allow you access to the ATM and are typically only meant to be tied to checking accounts in the event that it’s a minor account, or belongs to a person that has had major difficulties managing their finances. Debit cards are the cards with the Visa/Mastercard logo that can be used to make purchases.

6. Steve says:

PNC is full of crap and full of itself. I had a business account with them in good standing. I went in to open up another one (at a different branch). Not only did the VP give me attitude, but he didn’t get back to me when he said he would. So I went in a few days later. He wasn’t available so I talked to the branch manager. She had no answers for me either. A few hours later he calls wanting to talk about my ‘behavoir’ (he was upset that I came in and mentioned that he didn’t follow-up). So anyways, long story short, they denied the new account, closed the old one without written notice, and took over 2 weeks to send me the balance. And ohhh by the way, they bounced a few of my payments even though that I had just made even though there was plenty of money in the account. WAY TO GO PNC! I am now with Citizens and couldn’t be happier. And yes, I was a National City customer who was quite happy with them and since they have become PNC, one can easily see the degradation of service ( even before this incident).

7. Steve says:

CITIZENS has a promotion going on where you can get $240!